GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
???What's with the power passenger seat? Why only 2-way or 4-way? Are you able to get comfy with such limited adjustment? Too bad they didn't make it fold flat like on the Grand Prix. Oh well...I'll still buy one. :thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yea, I noticed that today. Only fore and aft and recline...no up / down, etc...

·
Registered
246 Posts
BloodRedHog said:
Yea, I noticed that today. Only fore and aft and recline...no up / down, etc...
Are there manual controls on the power passenger seat for seat height? Or is it just the
2-way or 4-way power control and that's it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
No eight adjustment.

The imports had just 4-way for years. I remember my father's Lexus LS 400 had a 4-way passenger seat. The thinking was that passengers don't need height or cushion angle adjustments. Not a good assumption in my mind. But it does halve the cost of providing a power seat.

What I really hate is the tendency in Detroit to have a manual recliner even with a power seat. At least the Acadia doesn't have that problem.

My blog entry on the manual recline thing:

Why doesn't Detroit like power recline?

·
Registered
115 Posts
My SLT-2 has the full eight-way power passenger seat w/power lumbar support. The SLT-1 and SLE don't have the full power deal.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Gills said:
My SLT-2 has the full eight-way power passenger seat w/power lumbar support. The SLT-1 and SLE don't have the full power deal.
So does the pasenger seat in the SLT-2 have power up/down? or not

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
mkaresh said:
What I really hate is the tendency in Detroit to have a manual recliner even with a power seat. At least the Acadia doesn't have that problem.
The SLT-1s have a manual recline on the driver's seat.

Kelly

·
Registered
497 Posts
The passenger seat in the SLT-2 does not have height adjustment. We find it plenty comfy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ok. Thanks!
then what is Gills talking about???

·
Registered
497 Posts
Maybe only the driver's seat.
Here are the specs for the vehicles:

SLE
Driver's: 4-way manual driver with manual lumbar control
Passenger's: 2-way manual front passenger

SLT-1 (also heated)
Driver's: 6-way power driver with manual recline and lumbar control (available as option on SLE)
Passenger's: 2-way power front passenger (available as option on SLE)

SLT-2 (also heated)
Driver's: 8-way power driver with power recline and lumbar control and memory
Passenger: 4-way power passenger with power recline and lumbar control

Does this help?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, i knew all of that stuff already but when Gills said the passenger seat was 8-way power i wanted to make sure.
Thanks for posting that though!! :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have driven 4 SLT-2's and they all have the 4-way power passenger seat. The first time my wife sat in the passenger seat she said that it felt like she was going to slide out of it. This is one of the primary reasons that I have not purchased an Acadia yet. There's an old saying "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!". I have looked at the specs for the Buick Enclave and the passenger seat is only 4-way power. The Buick is supposed to be an upscale version of the Lamda chassis, but the seating is no different than Saturn or GMC. I think GM should reconsider their thinking on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
100 Posts
outlaw said:
I have driven 4 SLT-2's and they all have the 4-way power passenger seat. The first time my wife sat in the passenger seat she said that it felt like she was going to slide out of it. This is one of the primary reasons that I have not purchased an Acadia yet. There's an old saying "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!". I have looked at the specs for the Buick Enclave and the passenger seat is only 4-way power. The Buick is supposed to be an upscale version of the Lamda chassis, but the seating is no different than Saturn or GMC. I think GM should reconsider their thinking on the passenger seat.
The four ways are fore, aft, seat recline back and up...There is no up or down or tilt to the seat bottom...this is pure cheapness on the part of GM.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yep, Gmoney_2010, I'm on glue apparently!

Sorry all; I took the fact that my passenger seat had the same controls as the drivers' seat to mean that it worked the same -- and I'd never had the pleasure of sitting in it, so I made the (incorrect) assumption...oops!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh its ok..

Ya i would think that the enclave would have more options for the seats. Like cooled front seats and heated second row.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts