GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I know my sister checked into it for an Odyssey - the top line Touring comes with power liftgate, she as the trim below. Dealer said it was virtually impossible (read: probably can be done but will cost thru the nose) because of extensive rewiring and hydraulics issues.

I bet Pimp My Ride on MTV could figure out a way!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Mama2girls+ababy! said:
I know my sister checked into it for an Odyssey - the top line Touring comes with power liftgate, she as the trim below. Dealer said it was virtually impossible (read: probably can be done but will cost thru the nose) because of extensive rewiring and hydraulics issues.

I bet Pimp My Ride on MTV could figure out a way!
And you watch that show? Lol!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Come on now...sometimes you just flip channels and catch them turning an 87 Carolla into a work of art! ;D

·
Registered
389 Posts
So....do you watch "Trick my Truck" too? That one makes me cry. My aunt was in town last week (while I was dead to the world) and while I don't watch it regularly, I came upon that and made her watch it with me. She thought I was nuts. If I ever stumble upon it, their stories are so moving!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have been a mercedes benz tech for the last ten years as far as wiring and hookup goes i have no problem doing it. just want to know if kit is available

thanks

doug
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :banghead:

·
Registered
284 Posts
dougis1313 said:
i have been a mercedes benz tech for the last ten years as far as wiring and hookup goes i have no problem doing it. just want to know if kit is available

thanks
doug
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :banghead:
NO. Not available, and the number of parts, modules, wiring, etc. needed--and having to find--would not only cost a lot, but be a mess to get and install.

If it's not made that way, it isn't going to happen, simply. Even if you're an auto tech, you don't add the Mercedes power trunk mechanism to a vehicle without it in the same way you can't add the power liftgate here after the fact.

Unless, of course, you have contact with a salvaged model with it...and can spend weeks pulling and replacing part after part, having things reprogrammed, new remotes, etc.

Further, if you're shopping for an '08 (as long as it isn't an SLE), just do a dealer locate or order one with it...Acadias aren't that hard to get anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts