GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the power liftgate open automatically when you press the button on the key FOB, or does it only close the liftgate if you press the button of the FOB (of course only if it's open)?

I was messing around with that option on one of the Acadias I was looking at, and nothing happened when I pressed the key FOB liftgate button when the liftgate was closed. So I just want to make sure something wasn't wrong with it. The salesman said it only closes automatically, but so far the salesmen I've dealt with know absolutely nothing about the Acadia.

I imagine there might be some liability issues if you were coming across the supermarket parking lot and decided to remotely open the liftgate, only to find out someone was walking behind your Acadia at that moment...they would be in for a surprise as the liftgate magically opens and whacks them in the head!

Thanks for any clarity someone may be able to provide,
Pipes

·
Registered
310 Posts
Someone with one can answer more fully, but I can say this, on the test drive, I had to hold the button about 2-3 seconds before it started opening. There is an override in the car as well to keep the remote power from working.

There is also safety on the power close, I would assume the power open as well, which stops the movement of the door if it encounters an object. The dealer displayed this on his head, and I do think it pushed a little harder than he anticipated, but he did not fall unconcious. I thanked him for not displaying on my wife.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You must press the button a few seconds untill the lights blink, then it will open or close.

Just like the remote start. Press lock & hold start button untill lights blink, then it will start.

·
Registered
215 Posts
MrBiz said:
I think there is also a setting in the DIC to enable the power liftgate.
there is a button right in the console area to turn the feature off if you want.

Pipes, odds are this was the case with the one you looked at and your salesman didn't know. This thing is new to everyone. Hell, the guy I bought mine from was turning the HUD dimmer knob to try and get the back wiper to work :p

·
Registered
794 Posts
By the way, if you want to have a piece of lumbar sticking out the back - you can close it manually. The tailgate is heavy enough to hold the lumber down. If you auto closed it, it would go down till it hit the lumbar, and then go up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pelle31 said:
MrBiz said:
there is a button right in the console area to turn the feature off if you want.

Pipes, odds are this was the case with the one you looked at and your salesman didn't know. This thing is new to everyone. Hell, the guy I bought mine from was turning the HUD dimmer knob to try and get the back wiper to work :p
I'm aware of that button in the console to disable the power lift gate. My point is that I believe there is another setting in the DIC to enable the power lift gate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MrBiz said:
Pelle31 said:
MrBiz said:

I'm aware of that button in the console to disable the power lift gate. My point is that I believe there is another setting in the DIC to enable the power lift gate.

The small Acadia 2007 book which comes with manual has lot of information about power lift gate. The book has several pictures and its the quickest way of adapting to your new acadia.

·
Registered
794 Posts
This probably doesn't answer your question, but my book is outside and its late. I have a vague memory that I have to unlock the doors before the liftgate will go up. In other words, if I am in the parking lot, I think I had to hit the door unlock button twice before the liftgate would go. It is kinda cool to see that sucker opening up, and I am still 4 cars away.

·
Registered
215 Posts
MrBiz said:
Pelle31 said:
MrBiz said:

whoa man. i wasn't trying to correct you. I was adding on to your point and quoting you to point out to the original poster (Pipes) that this switch may be the culprit. I don't know if the DIC has the option as I haven't seen that while scrolling through but I do know that there is a button on the console.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pelle31 said:
MrBiz said:
Pelle31 said:
MrBiz said:

whoa man. i wasn't trying to correct you. I was adding on to your point and quoting you to point out to the original poster (Pipes) that this switch may be the culprit. I don't know if the DIC has the option as I haven't seen that while scrolling through but I do know that there is a button on the console.
Sorry..... I didn't mean to come off that way.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pelle31, I checked the DIC and I was wrong. My apologies. I had the tailgate function mixed up with another function. So, I think the only control is the one on the console.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Rather than start a new topic: We really like the power liftgate, use the fob to open and the switch on the gate to close all the time. Got the Acadia back after water leak repair, they dropped the headliner. Now the close button on the liftgate doesn't work! Service guy says it might not be something they did, sometimes the switches just stop working. Works from the fob and switch on dash to open and close, just the switch at the back stopped working. Anyone else have this? Another trip to the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts