GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Acadia back to the dealership at 9pm last night(4th trip - only made one payment)

PWR Liftgate will not open or close on it's own, and it will not latch.

Not operable from key-fob, switches or door switch, and if you try to cose it manually, will not latch.

You can hear the meachanism at he latch go Click click click click click click.......everytime you try to open or close. The lift motor does not do anything.

Wife tried to close it and get home, and driving down road and it popped open and came all the way up.

This is not acceptable- certainly not "professional" grade.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I did hear of some touchpads going bad on the liftgate. Just a thought.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My liftgate gets a little funny too at times. When closing from the dash, sometimes a warning appears on the DIC that it is not closed, but it really is. It's kind of sporadic right now, but I'm afraid it might turn into more of an issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they replaced the latch assembly, and some sort of relay.. When i got home, i opened it to load something, and they forgot to re-attach the headliner. I had to go all the way back to the dealer AGAIN.... i was not happy.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
ekohl said:
they replaced the latch assembly, and some sort of relay.. When i got home, i opened it to load something, and they forgot to re-attach the headliner. I had to go all the way back to the dealer AGAIN.... i was not happy.
You know as I read through repairs done at dealerships it amazes me that some dealerships are A++++ for service while others couldn't change oil to save their life; I would try and get them to fill your tank with fuel (at a minimum) for your inconvenience. I would be standing on the service manager's desk for that faux pas

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, it happened again, latch failed driving down the road, and lidtgate popped open while we were driving. Needless to say, this vehicle is history.

What should we get to replace it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
An Outlook. Maybe an Enclave. The new Traverse is nice. :angel:

Hard to say. Goes back to why you got the Acadia in the first place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice suggestions, but they are all GM products, built on the same platform, so no go. Any other sugestions? I think i am done with GM..... for a vehicle that has less than 5k miles, and rattles like 200k, i really have no confidence in it. My wife thinks it is unsafe (can;t balem here there) and we have made one payment. I resent it now when i get in, and it's not woth the mental anguish to keep it for 5-6 yrs.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
ekohl said:
nice suggestions, but they are all GM products, built on the same platform, so no go. Any other sugestions? I think i am done with GM..... for a vehicle that has less than 5k miles, and rattles like 200k, i really have no confidence in it. My wife thinks it is unsafe (can;t balem here there) and we have made one payment. I resent it now when i get in, and it's not woth the mental anguish to keep it for 5-6 yrs.
An Acadia forum probably isn't the best place to be asking what type of vehicle to get that ISN'T a Lambda based vehicle. ;)

I used to love the Touareg... until I saw what they did to them at the Auto Show yesterday. YUCK. I'm trying to think of what other SUVs are out there that I might even consider if the Acadia was not an option. The Pilot is even pretty yucky looking nowadays and the interior on those isn't as well thought out as the Acadia. Non-GM product... um... Ford has several SUVs, but I'd never buy another Ford. lol Toyota seemed to have a lot of SUVs at the auto show yesterday. I didn't check any of them out though. I'd say if you're going non-GM, maybe check out Toyota and see what they have to offer. Other than that, I'm at a loss.

Sorry to hear about your issues with your Acadia. Hope you're able to get into something you're happy with, without too much trouble.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am leaning towards a one or two year old MDX.....
Rattles, Rattles Rattles, Been to dealer 5 times now for various small issues and the liftgate. The rattle in the dash has been “fixed” 3 times, and now there is one in the rf door, and the dash rattle is back.

For a car that cost nearly 40K(sticker) I think the build quality is unacceptable (based on experience so far). Not even 5k miles yet.

The sad part is, it rides great, and we like it.- BUT, if I resent it every time I make a payment, I’d rather lose a few grand and move on…..

The van we traded (1999 Odyssey)did not rattle after 152k, and my Accord (2001) does not either(126k) :'(

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
That's a bummer ekohl, but I understand. Instead of trading in and losing your rear, do you have enough ammo for a lemon law claim yet?  Every state is different, but you shouldn't necessarily have to be given a replacement from GM.  You might get your money back, less mileage driven so far.  Just a thought. 

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Geo- thanks, i had not thought of that.... if rattles count, i'll tkeep taking it, and wait for the "magic" number.... Anyone here from Texas that knows the Tx lemon laws?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
ekohl said:
Geo- thanks, i had not thought of that.... if rattles count, i'll tkeep taking it, and wait for the "magic" number.... Anyone here from Texas that knows the Tx lemon laws?
http://www.lemonlawforconsumers.com/texas/

I don't know if rattles will count but the apparent issue with the liftgate should give you ammo. I still am baffled as to why some people have so many rattles and other issues with the Acadia, and SO many of us don't. I am not sure of your history but have you had any water leaks that may have messed with the electronics...... There vehicle should not allow the liftgate to open while in "Drive", parked is one thing, but moving down the road in gear is really odd. There has got to be a brain/relay for the entire system, do you know if that has been replaced in previous visits?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I'm with bonk on the "rattles" issues. I know a handful of people here have experienced issues with poor quality and lots of rattles/noises that do not belong. I have almost 46K on mine and have never had any rattles, squeaks or other noises that aren't supposed to be there. But I guess in all fairness, I do have an SLE model that doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the SLT does, so maybe there's just not as much "stuff" in my Acadia that could cause a rattle or otherwise.

Definitely look into the Lemon Law for your state. No point in taking a hit in the pocket book if you don't have to! The MDX isn't bad. I completely forgot about that one! I see them on the road a lot. I've never been inside one, but the outward appearance is nice. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
both of the loaner adadias we had, had the same a-pillar dash rattle. I LOVE THIS TRUCK, and it is killing me. The fact that we "waited" so long to get a new car, makes it hurt worse. We are going to give it a week so we can cool off, and see what happens.
:banghead:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Re: power liftgate will not open, close, or latch-from dash, or remote or manual

The rattle thing weird. A few months back we drove hundreds of miles on icy roads that had severe ruts from folks w/ chains on. The bumping and vibrating was so intense I thought for sure somewhere something HAD to have come loose and I'd have a rattle issue. But it all held together just fine. It is odd how some folks have so many issues and some don't. Got to wonder what is going on at the factory...is it luck of the draw of what day of the week your Acadia is built and who's on shift??? Unreal.

Anyway, maybe try a different dealership for the fix? Your right it's a lot of money, I'd be disappointed too. Test drove the MDX. Nice vehicle, but the Acadia was a better fit for our family and we love this truck too. Plus w/ the MDX I'm pretty sure it's premium fuel only. Just a thought as I see gas prices slowly on the rise.

Best of Luck, hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
540 Posts
ekohl said:
both of the loaner adadias we had, had the same a-pillar dash rattle. I LOVE THIS TRUCK, and it is killing me. The fact that we "waited" so long to get a new car, makes it hurt worse. We are going to give it a week so we can cool off, and see what happens.
:banghead:
If you ever drive one of the Acadias with th A pillar rattle again check the speaker grill. Just push it with you finger. Mine appears to be loose causing it and the wiring to rattle around over repetative bump like a rubble strip at a toll plaza.

Bobby

1 - 20 of 23 Posts