GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a replacement billet front grill that completely covers the grill area, i.e. does not have a cutout for the GMC logo. I have contacted a couple of vendors that make a cutout version and they said they do not offer a custom version with no cutout.

However, I just found out that Carriage Works (who claims to be the originator of the billet grill itself) just released a billet grill for the acadia last week. Unfortunately (for me anyway) it has a logo cutout BUT, they said that if they get enough interest they will make a non-cutout version.

So, the point of my post is that if there is anybody else out there like me that is looking for the "cleaner" front end look of no logos, please call these guys and let them know you would be interested.

Carriage Works, Inc.
4303 E. 140th Street
P.O. Box 858
Grandview , MO 64030

816-966-1405 | Orders/Tech
816-966-1611 | FAX

ps. I have no affiliation with Carriage Works and have never even bought anything from them. I do recognize their name from over the years and from what I have heard they seem to offer quality products.

pps. Please don't bother responding with "why would you want to do that" or "the GMC logo is the coolest thing about the Acadia" blah blah... everybody has different tastes, people either like this look or they don't. This isn't about what is better, it's about giving us more options to choose from.

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool...another potential grill option!

Here is the style I am holding out for... Street Scene - Speed Grill

They come in Chrome, Black Chrome and Brushed Chrome finishes...and as of now, none are available for the Acadia! I called them and there are no plans to make them yet...but enough inquiry might spark their interest!

I called and sent them a request and the potential for a group buy from some of us here...they can be reached here:

Street Scene ™ Equipment
365 McCormick Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Toll Free: 888-477-0707
Phone: 714-426-0590
Fax: 714-426-0591

·
Registered
35 Posts
HiBoost said:
I'll make a deal with you, if you call my guys, I'll call yours! :phone:
dEaL!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called your guys and they said basically

a) they would need somebody local to them that has an Acadia to bring it in so they could do the measuring and test fitting (several trips to the shop, not just a one day deal).

b) after they have the "plans" to build it then they would add it to their part inventory but wouldn't actually start producing it until there was enough demand.

I told him I was interested and I would check back. He said it would likely be midway through next year at the earliest before they have anything. The guy I spoke with had actually never heard of the Acadia so that's not a great sign :)

At least my guys know what the Acadia is!! hahaha

·
Registered
71 Posts
HiBoost said:
I've been searching for a replacement billet front grill that completely covers the grill area, i.e. does not have a cutout for the GMC logo. I have contacted a couple of vendors that make a cutout version and they said they do not offer a custom version with no cutout.

However, I just found out that Carriage Works (who claims to be the originator of the billet grill itself) just released a billet grill for the acadia last week. Unfortunately (for me anyway) it has a logo cutout BUT, they said that if they get enough interest they will make a non-cutout version.

So, the point of my post is that if there is anybody else out there like me that is looking for the "cleaner" front end look of no logos, please call these guys and let them know you would be interested.

Carriage Works, Inc.
4303 E. 140th Street
P.O. Box 858
Grandview , MO 64030

816-966-1405 | Orders/Tech
816-966-1611 | FAX

ps. I have no affiliation with Carriage Works and have never even bought anything from them. I do recognize their name from over the years and from what I have heard they seem to offer quality products.

pps. Please don't bother responding with "why would you want to do that" or "the GMC logo is the coolest thing about the Acadia" blah blah... everybody has different tastes, people either like this look or they don't. This isn't about what is better, it's about giving us more options to choose from.

Thanks!
Cool, that's exactly what I want for ours...:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
:cheers:
Update on the grill search.....
Precision Billet Grills offer a "Classic Billet" part #802330 that omits the "GMC" logo. No photos yet.
It is currently in backorder status but in production (3+/- weeks)
BTW-this is the same company that offers the one for the Outlook.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, already got one and installed it on my acadia... looks sweet!

One thing though, you do have to *cut* the GMC logo off the factory plastic mesh, so there's no going back once installed...

we've been caked in snow and salt here so I haven't wanted to post any pictures yet, but if there's a lot of interest I could do so... I'm a photo nut so I can't bring myself to post anything that looks like crap :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
HiBoost said:
Yep, already got one and installed it on my acadia... looks sweet!
Oh been holding out huh, I see how you are.....
post up some photos, precision doesn't even have any photos of this item yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
HiBoost - PLEASE post pics I'm trying to decide on the grill with or without logo cutout and I'm ready to order. I'm anxious to see yours. I'm sure most of us will forgive you if it's not a perfect photo - besides, you can always update later with better pics! :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's comical here is that somewhere in the process of shrinking these pics (from 10 megapixel raws to web-ready jpegs) the quality seems to have suffered, but its most noticeable on the grille itself! Obviously in real life the grille doesn't have the "jaggies" that are present in the pics above, but anyway, hopefully this gives you an idea. All I can say is that I get a ton of compliments on the way the vehicle looks, and people specifically mention the grille. I personally like the mystery factor of not having any words/logos to be found so people are always saying things like "your truck looks great, what is it?"

·
Registered
115 Posts
YES! :blob: Thanks HiBoost, I'm in love :love: The grill is awesome. My Dad always puts billet grills on his trucks and when I told him I was looking at the one with the logo cut out he said "it defeats the purpose". I was afraid it would be too plain without the GMC logo. Dad said the whole purpose of the billet grille is to de-commercialize it and get rid of the logo. I love the trucks he has w/ the grill.

For what it's worth I didn't see any dirt on your Acadia at all! ;D

·
Registered
533 Posts
HiBoost said:
ok, here are two crappy pics... I don't want to hear about how dirty the car is!!!
Hey, don't short yourself on these very nice pics! I'd like to have that sitting in MY driveway! The grill looks great! Did I miss the price in previous posts? $300 or so? I'm curious. It really looks nice!

Smooth <><

·
Registered
60 Posts
Smooth said:
Did I miss the price in previous posts? $300 or so? I'm curious. It really looks nice!
Smooth <><
I order ours though JEGS for $122.99 plus $11.95 handling fee. Their part number is 808-802330. Just waiting on the order now.
They were the cheapest I could find for that item.

·
Registered
60 Posts
TunedUp said:
I order ours though JEGS for $122.99 plus $11.95 handling fee. Their part number is 808-802330. Just waiting on the order now.
They were the cheapest I could find for that item.
Order received today! :blob:

Now, if the Acadia would just show up! hehe

1 - 20 of 39 Posts