GMC Acadia Forum banner

Post Service Issues

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  speleos 
#1 ·
My wife recently had her 14' Acadia SLE serviced at the dealership for a wheel speed sensor issue, and they replaced the entire wheel bearing. After the service less the first drive after we serviced the vehicle she got a cel. I had it scanned and the fuel pump is now going bad. Is it possible that a vacuum seal or something else was broken during the repair?

#4 ·
...with where they were working on the car could they have broken dislodged something unintentionally?
Seems unlikely without knowing what was done 'under the hood' beforehand to diagnose the problem. Stranger things have happened, though.

#7 · (Edited)
Clearing the code, checking out sensor connectors, and finding out how long it takes to set the CEL again would be the very first thing. There's a chance illumination of the CEL may not occur. Two of my vehicles displayed a CEL after service work. I found the MAF sensor connector(s) had been bumped at some point. I did the first two steps and the CEL never returned. Once, I didn't even get the vehicle scanned - the problem was that obvious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.