GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Acadia SLE with the AM/FM MP3 compt. CD/DVD player and I must say after coming out of a Yukon with a factory Bose 300 watt system this thing falls way short on power. I am looking for some potential upgrades for blowing out my ear drums but it is a lease so I really dont want to get into clipping of wires and factory plugs and such. Is there anything I can do to give it some more umph without trading it in for a new car???

I have looked at the Acadia and Enclave web sights and here are the factory options available as best as I can tell. Please note there may be some slight differences between the brands but neither web sight seem to give very complete information.

I dont even know for sure what the specs of my system are but I know I have the CD/DVD player with rear entertainment system and I only count 8 Bose speakers?? Are the specs for my system the same as the Enclave? If so where is the sub woofer?? Does anyone know the watts of these system?

Acadia Specs are below

1. AM/FM stereo with MP3 comp. CD player standard on SLE (Enclave reports 6 speakers)

2. AM/FM stereo with MP3 comp. in dash 6 disc changer (Enclave specs report 10 Bose speakers)

3. AM/FM stereo MP3 comp CD/DVD player (Enclave reports 10 Bose speakers and 5.1 Bose Surround)

4. AM/FM stereo MP3 comp. CD/DVD/ Nav (Acadia & Enclave report 10 Bose speakers)

5. AM/FM stereo MP3 comp. CD/DVD/Nav (Enclave only reports 10 Bose speakers, 5.1 Surround)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I may be wrong but I would think you could do an aftermarket stereo without clipping any wires. I think places like Crutchfield sell wiring harnesses that you wire the aftermarket stereo to and that then plug right into your existing radio plug. The only thing I am not sure of is how the chimes and other noises would be managed as I think this is also now done through the radio.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally after many emails and phone calls by my buddy that works at the GMC Teck Center in Warren Mi. someone from the AV Dept. emailed him back with specs of my system. I still have no idea where the 10th speaker is? I cant find it??

My factory system:

AM/FM stereo MP3 comp CD/DVD player
Bose Premium Theatre 5.1 Surround Sound with Dolby
10 Bose Speakers
230 watts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did they say who the manufacture was for the head unit? Is it a Bose unit?

·
Registered
730 Posts
mikesacadia said:
Finally after many emails and phone calls by my buddy that works at the GMC Teck Center in Warren Mi. someone from the AV Dept. emailed him back with specs of my system. I still have no idea where the 10th speaker is? I cant find it??

My factory system:

AM/FM stereo MP3 comp CD/DVD player
Bose Premium Theatre 5.1 Surround Sound with Dolby
10 Bose Speakers
230 watts
speakers #1-#2: tweeters at the pillars
speakers #3-#4: front doors
speakers #5-#6: rear doors
speakers #7-#8: 3rd row
speaker #9: underneath the compartment which located above the dash
speaker #10: subwoofer, underneath the gear shifter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts