GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 08 Acadia that won’t turn over. I scanned the car with my reader and it came up with code P0700 and U0074. I recently found out that almost half of my fuses were out including the ecm and tcm ones which I figured may have caused it but I’m not for sure so I figured to fix that but I don’t know how. When turning the key to the on position the check engine light does not appear as it should.(just trying to get as many details in as possible) please help
Product Font Rectangle Line Material property

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I would be looking for corrosion under the fuse block.....I will assume you replaced all the bad fuses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s the thing I went to replace them and they weren’t bad I still did it and tested them after and they were still not getting any power

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
When an engine will not turn over, the first suspect is the battery. How old is the battery? Have you had it load tested

Once you get it turning over you can then try to trouble shoot why it will not start.

george

·
Registered
19 Posts
First thing I would do is check the two cables connected to the fuse box. One is for the starter and the other one is for most everything else to my knowledge. If those are good you can remove the fuse box. There are two bolts you can see when you remove the fuse box cover. Take the bolts out and lift the box out. You will have to pull up on it pretty good. I don't remember but there may be some tabs you have to push also. Once removed it will allow you to see the main harness connectors and you can pull them off and inspect. Take a look at them and check for corrosion. If corroded you could probably use MAF sensor cleaner or maybe an electronics cleaner in a spray can. But make sure you remove the negative cable from the battery first. The battery is located under the passenger right floor. Good luck. These cars can be a real pain in the butt. You could also remove each fuse and clean its socket with the cleaner. I'm not an expert but that is what I would do,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When an engine will not turn over, the first suspect is the battery. How old is the battery? Have you had it load tested

Once you get it turning over you can then try to trouble shoot why it will not start.

george
I have a new battery with extra cold cranking amps just for the winter because I live in ny state

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First thing I would do is check the two cables connected to the fuse box. One is for the starter and the other one is for most everything else to my knowledge. If those are good you can remove the fuse box. There are two bolts you can see when you remove the fuse box cover. Take the bolts out and lift the box out. You will have to pull up on it pretty good. I don't remember but there may be some tabs you have to push also. Once removed it will allow you to see the main harness connectors and you can pull them off and inspect. Take a look at them and check for corrosion. If corroded you could probably use MAF sensor cleaner or maybe an electronics cleaner in a spray can. But make sure you remove the negative cable from the battery first. The battery is located under the passenger right floor. Good luck. These cars can be a real pain in the butt. You could also remove each fuse and clean its socket with the cleaner. I'm not an expert but that is what I would do,
I’ll try to clean it out hopefully it does something. I already checked the lines connected to the fuse box. I’ll update you after i clean out the connectors

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ll try to clean it out hopefully it does something. I already checked the lines connected to the fuse box. I’ll update you after i clean out the connectors
You could also just try to tighten up the two bolts. They draw the underneath connectors up tight. Maybe they have loosened up a bit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could also just try to tighten up the two bolts. They draw the underneath connectors up tight. Maybe they have loosened up a bit
I’ve tried but they seem to keep loosening after a certain amount of turns

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: after cleaning them I got almost all of them working besides these ones in the picture. Check engine light still doesn’t pop up when turning key in the start position.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update again: sadly I tried to start the car it seemed as if it would turn over but immediately shuts off. Went back to check the fuses and the same ones tht weren’t getting power are back to not getting any power I’m stressed please help

·
Super Moderator
22,977 Posts
Quit trying to work on it yourself and have it towed somewhere a qualified tech can do a full diagnosis and repair for you. The 'U' code suggests CANbus problems you may not be able to find and repair. It would be a shame if you just started throwing parts at the vehicle based on speculations posted to a forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems like it’s what I’ll have to do but I’ll update everyone so uk wat happens

·
Registered
19 Posts
[If the bolts won't tighten the underneath wiring assembly may not be drawn up tightly. Before I would take it to the dealer I would replace those bolts. But I'm not an expert LOL. The blocks underneath supply all power to the fusebox. ="Leek, post: 350633, member: 243364"]
I’ve tried but they seem to keep loosening after a certain amount of turns
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
on the fuse box- the 2 bolts.
next to it- theres 2 little red tabs.
as you turn- the tabs get closer to each other. When the tabs touch- thats when you stop turning the bolt.
reverse direction and the tabs start to separate.
Over tighten and you get that click/pop of the bolt. and you then have to tighten a little bit again.

When I removed my fuse box- I watched those- and stopped turning when they touched.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
on the fuse box- the 2 bolts.
next to it- theres 2 little red tabs.
as you turn- the tabs get closer to each other. When the tabs touch- thats when you stop turning the bolt.
reverse direction and the tabs start to separate.
Over tighten and you get that click/pop of the bolt. and you then have to tighten a little bit again.

When I removed my fuse box- I watched those- and stopped turning when they touched.
I saw tht but the bottom screw doesn’t touch all the way before it slips

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update: after cleaning them I got almost all of them working besides these ones in the picture. Check engine light still doesn’t pop up when turning key in the start position.
I still say it's likely the main connectors under the fusebox are not being drawn up enough. I changed my bolts. When I took the old bolts out they were obviously stripped at the bottom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 GMC Acadia that the door locks just clicks and the car just shuts down in traffic while driving. Anyone could tell me what is going on?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts