GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a few posts it sound like you can play DVD's on the Navigation System as long as the vehicle is in park. Is that correct?? If so, how do you do it? Just put the DVD in the CD Slot and go the the CD on the Nav. Menu? I tried that and just received a disk error message.

Just bought an 09 Acadia about 5 days ago so I am still trying to figure everything out

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum & Acadia ownership. You may not have the correct dash unit to play DVDs. The navigation unit is DVD based for maps, and this slot cannot play a movie DVD. The only dash unit that can play a movie DVD is the one that comes with the rear overhead DVD player. If you don't have the overhead DVD from the factory, you cannot play a movie DVD on the dash unit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Welcome to the forum & Acadia ownership. You may not have the correct dash unit to play DVDs. The navigation unit is DVD based for maps, and this slot cannot play a movie DVD. The only dash unit that can play a movie DVD is the one that comes with the rear overhead DVD player. If you don't have the overhead DVD from the factory, you cannot play a movie DVD on the dash unit.
Got it!!! Thanks for the information. If you know anything about the factory DVD Headrest systems, look at my other post

Thanks for the help!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
On this same topic, for the factory installed overhead (most threads seem to be on the headrest version), that WILL play on the rear stereo as well as with the headsets, right? Played with it for about an hour last night and could not get the audio to play in the back. I'll hit the manual again if no quick responses.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bjbyers said:
On this same topic, for the factory installed overhead (most threads seem to be on the headrest version), that WILL play on the rear stereo as well as with the headsets, right? Played with it for about an hour last night and could not get the audio to play in the back. I'll hit the manual again if no quick responses.
If you have the headsets on; then the DVD audio is cut off from the speakers and vice versa; so it's one of the other

·
Registered
29 Posts
bjbyers

When you activate the rear audio controls the rear speakers are disabled so the front passengers can listen to something different without disturbing the rear passengers wearing the headphones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts