GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hooked up a game console so your kids can play on a long trip? I remember reading something a long time ago about a xbox 360 drawing to much power. We have a Wii and the kids would like to take it on trips. Is this possible?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd actually like to know that too. I have been thinking about hooking my Wii up in there. Of course I don't have kids, hehe!!! It would be for my friends and I when we're on road trips.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'd stick them in the 3rd row so you don't get smacked in the head by the remote. ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
You have to be careful, if you get smacked and loose control you may be singing "Jesus take the Wii"[/color] :angel: that was courtesy of my 5 year old girl, she is already doing parodies.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL.....way to funny. The other question is, is I wonder if there is anything special you have to do to have it feed through the drop down tv screen?

·
Registered
125 Posts
My two girls use their PS2. They have played it for hours on long trips. I don't know that it took anything special to make it work. My 11 year old hooked it up.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Page 314 of the manual:

The A/V jacks located on the rear of the floor
console, allow audio or video signals to be
connected from an auxiliary device such as a
camcorder or a video game unit [/color] to the RSE
system. Adapter connectors or cables may be
required to connect the auxiliary device to the
A/V jacks. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions
for proper usage.

The A/V jacks are color coded to match typical
home entertainment system equipment. The yellow
jack (A) is for the video input. The white jack (B)
is for the left audio input. The red jack (C) is for
the right audio input.

Power for auxiliary devices is not supplied by the
radio system.

To use the auxiliary inputs of the RSE system,
connect an external auxiliary device to the
color-coded A/V jacks and turn both the auxiliary
device and the video screen power on. If the video
screen is in the DVD player mode, pressing the
AUX (auxiliary) button on the remote control
switches the video screen from the DVD player
mode to the auxiliary device. [/color]

Hope this helps! :thumb:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thread hi-jack...has anyone tried to add the power outlet/converter. I haven't seen anything, probably easier just to buy one. I asked for portable DVD power option so it almost applies :-\

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I just used the one I had from the minivan. The only thing I don't like is that the outlets do not power off when you turn off the car, so if you leave the converter power on, you will drain the battery. In the Montana minivan, I tapped into the fuse box to get Aux power that switched on and off. I ran that power to the converter under the seat and then concealed one of those extension cords with 3 outlets and had all the kids stuff hooked up in the back. I'll probably do the same with the Acadia eventually.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You could use three outlets? Nothing burned up? It seems some convertors have fans, so maybe I need to be careful? Can I but one that I can mount, maybe install in the back of the console?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
My converter is a 150W converter and most of the electronics we hood to it (like the PS2) are under 50W total power consumption. So as long as all 3 things plugged in are less than the 150W, then I am good to go.

The last time we traveled in the Acadia, I actually put the converter into the storage compartment between the seats up front and plugged it into the outlet in there. From there I just ran an extension cord to the back.

Crutchfield has some info on inverters that might be helpful.
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-iCS3xjt9hiT/learningcenter/car/inverter.html
I saw this one on their site and thought it looked very handy if you have the DC outlet where you want the AC.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=850&i=539XPMP175&tp=22

·
Registered
5 Posts
the WIi works..plug into AUX in console...plug in AC...have sensor bar on console....Star Wars lego sounds cool over the Bose...if ou really want it tight...get the wireless sensor bar and mount it to the DVD entertainment center (if you have it)....you can run the wires and tuck them under the passenger seat...buy an extra set of RCA jack connecto for the WII so you dont have to take it out....I wish I was a kid

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe I am reading the thread wrong about the power, but the Acadia has a general household plug at the bottom of the rear audio controls console so I assume that can be used to power the game unit (360 in my case). I also assume I could just plug in the RCA jacks (y/w/r) and that would work just fine too. I may try it tonight. Never had this stuff when I was a a kid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts