GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway to repair the plastic rocker panels on the bottom of the doors? mine have a few to me which look like stone chips already :mad:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Where have you been driving? I have 44,000+ miles (probably 80% highway) and the rocker panel still look good! Other than replacing them, I'm not sure about fixing them... ???

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tm59 said:
Where have you been driving? I have 44,000+ miles (probably 80% highway) and the rocker panel still look good! Other than replacing them, I'm not sure about fixing them... ???
nowhere rocky thats for sure, I bet another factory defect on my truck errhhh. I noticed them after a week of buying it. Another one to chalk up and live with it :(

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
How many miles? I would bring it to the dealer and make them replace them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
insti08 said:
How many miles? I would bring it to the dealer and make them replace them.
only 1400 kms or 869 miles. Do you they would replace them with a few chips on them?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I think it depends on your dealer; you might try lightly sanding the chips out with 2K grit sandpaper

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes, have the dealer look at them. They may be more interested in having a happier customer... no harm in trying to see if they will help you with this. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Ours is going on two years old with 33K miles and they still look just fine.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
37K on my 07 without any noticeable issues with the rocker panels

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
We have quite a few chips or dings or whatever on ours. Then again we do quite a bit a gravel road driving and I'd hate to see what those locations would look like if they were painted instead of covered with the plastic rocker panels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I spent almost the entire first month or two driving on primarily gravel roads working for a Bioenergy company doing fibre supply quality control and logistics and while i loved the AWD, traction control, and assistive breaking for the 100km/h gravel roads heavily traveled by logging trucks, my plastic rocker panels did take quite a beating. As GeoHawk mentioned, i would hate to see what my vehicle would look like had those areas been painted. To hide the rock chips on the plastic i have used a Trim Shine product which is basically an exterior vinyl care which sprays on and renews the semi gloss, dark black look that your non painted plastic has when its new, this makes the chips and rough texture a lot less noticeable.

·
Registered
423 Posts
SLT09_ACADIA said:
nowhere rocky thats for sure, I bet another factory defect on my truck errhhh. I noticed them after a week of buying it. Another one to chalk up and live with it :(
Do you mind taking a picture of it?

Probably I would use something to detail plastic. There are some products out there just need to see it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts