GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at getting the Reese aftermarket hitch, but wanted to see if the plastic fascia you remove covers the receiver hitch when you are not using the hitch.

Thanks,

·
Registered
116 Posts
You are probably aware already but just in case, there are two versions of facia covers out there - flat ones that match the contour of the rear valence if you ordered your Acadia without factory hitch, and those that came from factory with hitch have a little "bump" molded into the cover to clear the receiver, yet still cover it.

I was thinking about getting a Hidden Hitch - the hitch is pretty compact. I know it will work with the "bump" facia cover. I ordered one so it's on hand when I install the hitch and it was around $20 from my dealer. It's just a guess, but I'd think most after market hitches would be fine, otherwise the protruding tubes/framework would interfere with the rest of the rear valence and the cover would be the least of their problems. If you do a search on here, there are part #'s available. Good luck -

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Vogelm,
You ordered the hitch facia cover for $20? I was reading that they were $125 and they came unpainted. I am interested in finding out if I can order one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vogelm, here is what you need. I got one and it takes maybe 5 seconds to instal. Order from gmpartsdirect.com

CableDude

Part: 15933983*
Category: License Plate Bracket/Plate
Description: INSERT
Min.Qty: 1
Unit Price: $17.22
Quantity: 1
Ext.Price: $17.22

·
Registered
339 Posts
cchatelle,

The hitch cover would just come in the black plastic that is the trim around the entire bottom of the vehicle, so it wouldn't be different colors. See the pics below...

K

(picture credit to gmc.com in the Acadia Gallery section)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
For purposes of getting info on this thread, I now have a Draw-Tite aftermarket hitch installed on my Acadia and the fascia that has the bump in it (part # 15933983) fits just fine. It was $26.47 ordered from my local dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Need to replace my trailer hitch fascia cover. Part Nebraska stamped into the original is 15933983, but it's going for around $40~ + shipping now. When I just google the description only (no part #) I find a part listed for 2010-2013 models part #19244180 and they go for $28-30~. Anyone know if there's really any difference from '07-09 vs '10-13? They sure look the same in the photos and in person. I'd be happy if I found a used one; the color fading would probably match better than a new one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ts2007 said:
Need to replace my trailer hitch fascia cover. Part Nebraska stamped into the original is 15933983, but it's going for around $40~ + shipping now. When I just google the description only (no part #) I find a part listed for 2010-2013 models part #19244180 and they go for $28-30~. Anyone know if there's really any difference from '07-09 vs '10-13? They sure look the same in the photos and in person. I'd be happy if I found a used one; the color fading would probably match better than a new one.
There is a difference. The cover was missing from my 2011 acadia when I bought it a month ago. The dealership said they would order the part for me, and have it shipped to my house. When I received the part, I found out that they ordered part number 15933983...long story short, it's the wrong part. It's the same basic shape as the one that I would need, but it actually installs differently than the other one. I have to sell the one that I received and order the #19244180. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 15933983 (the one I have) only has tabs to install, where as the 19244180 has tabs and a twist/lock tab or "button" to secure it.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The cover on my 08 has the two twist locks on it. I don't know which part number is stamped on it though, I'll have to check when I get home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Reese aftermarket receiver hitch on my 2007 and the plastic cover will not fit back on. The receiver protrudes to far to the rear.

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.