GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered this unit for my SLE to replace the base radio from Crutchfield including an installation from a local installer. It came with a backup camera too!

Has anyone installed this unit?

I have upgraded my unit with Boston Acoustic 4 channel amp & speakers.

Pat

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Scott,

I don't suppose you have any pics of it installed in your Acadia you would like to share? :) Also, did you install it yourself or have an audio shop do it for you?

Thanks,
K

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am having the car stereo installed this Friday Dec 21. I purchased it throught Chutchfield with the install card. They set it up through a local shop. I also had to purchase the steering wheel control adapter, GM Lan box, XM FM modular, XM antenna as extras. I am going to try to add the JVC BB2 subwoofer unit at the same time.

It is a non bose so it is easier to retrofit tha a Bose system per the installer.

Pat

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update/ Pioneer AVIC-DC3 Nav/DVD/Receiver/Backup Camera?

It is installed. The Nav/Radio/Backup camera is great. This unit has no ditgital read out on the screen to view what song is playing. I did lose my XM, but will use my own unit. I can install a direct unit to my Pioneer AVIC-DC3, but will stay with my handheld XM unit that I move between cars & the office.

My OnStar does not work at this time because I have a seperate BA 4-ch amp. My Metra lan box for the OnStar requires a seperate set of speakers to listen to the OnStar & the chimes from the lan box.. It also requires a relay to hear the turn signals click.

My car is scheduled ito return to the installer on Jan 2 to correct these issues. I do miss the digital readout.

I will post photos when complete.

Pat

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The installer corrected it my installing a seperate speaker for the OnStar & chmes. We added a relay to make the turn signal click. it's working great now!

Pat

·
Registered
249 Posts
:worthless:

Please! :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: Update/ Pioneer AVIC-DC3 Nav/DVD/Receiver/Backup Camera?

Old Timer said:
It is installed. The Nav/Radio/Backup camera is great. This unit has no ditgital read out on the screen to view what song is playing. I did lose my XM, but will use my own unit. I can install a direct unit to my Pioneer AVIC-DC3, but will stay with my handheld XM unit that I move between cars & the office.

My OnStar does not work at this time because I have a seperate BA 4-ch amp. My Metra lan box for the OnStar requires a seperate set of speakers to listen to the OnStar & the chimes from the lan box.. It also requires a relay to hear the turn signals click.

My car is scheduled ito return to the installer on Jan 2 to correct these issues. I do miss the digital readout.

I will post photos when complete.

Pat
How was the install of the separate speaker for the Onstar? I have the same situation and also have an aftermarket 4-channel amp. I have hooked up a Kenwood DNX 5120 navigation..everything is great but the Onstar is gone. I have the GMOS-LAN 01 installed but when I press any Onstar button (Nav-radio goes off) I couldn't hear anything.
Appreciate if you would be able to provide some feedback. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.