GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were out looking at Acadia's.
We saw a Red with white pin stripes.
What do you guys thinks of pin stripes on the Acadia?

·
Registered
294 Posts
My Liquid Silver has twin thin black pinstripes. I think that the minimalist route is the best way to go -- mine look very tasteful in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, post pics! ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm an analog in a digital world when it comes to cameras. For some reason, my 26 year old Canon AE-1 doesn't take internet formatted (digital) photos. I haven't been able to convince myself that the new way is better than the old way -- a new camera just isn't very high on the priority list. ;D

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have a liquid silver and I would love to see your stripes. Do you have a friend with a newer camera? Did you do the pin stripes yourself?

·
Registered
130 Posts
...not a good idea...horizontal stripes tend to make you look overweight...

·
Registered
730 Posts
those Acadia that i have seen with pinstripes either have black-black, red-black, white-black combinations...and all of them are on a Liquid Silver..

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
My parents have stripes on their Summit White. Can't recall what color, but I will take photos next opprotunity.

·
Registered
614 Posts
On my white Buick I had a thick black and thin red stripe that looked really good together.
On our dark crimson I'd probably go with silver stripes, it would tie in the color of the chrome door handles & tail lights together.

·
Registered
18 Posts
After alot of thought I have decided to put Pinstripes on my Acadia. I am going with the 1/16 double line in Dark Blue Metallic. I think it look good on my Liquid Silver.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
xseler said:
I'm an analog in a digital world when it comes to cameras. For some reason, my 26 year old Canon AE-1 doesn't take internet formatted (digital) photos. I haven't been able to convince myself that the new way is better than the old way -- a new camera just isn't very high on the priority list. ;D
I have the same Canon AE-1 which is a great camera but I've also upgraded to the $150 Nikon Coolpix for digital. Haven't used the AE-1 in years.

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
mikemu said:
I have the same Canon AE-1 which is a great camera but I've also upgraded to the $150 Nikon Coolpix for digital. Haven't used the AE-1 in years.
Not really sure that's an upgrade, mikemu! I would call it more of an intro-to-digital step. The AE-1 is a great 35mm camera. The Coolpix is good for point-and-shoot digital stuff but lacks versatility of the AE-1 and comparable digital SLRs. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
speleos said:
Not really sure that's an upgrade, mikemu! I would call it more of an intro-to-digital step. The AE-1 is a great 35mm camera. The Coolpix is good for point-and-shoot digital stuff but lacks versatility of the AE-1 and comparable digital SLRs. :cheers:
Of course. I'm a cheapskate so I went for the cheapo digital camera. ;D

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
Anyone have painted stripes? There are some pretty good pinstripe artists out there. Your dealer may even know one. ;D

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
mrvids said:
He spent all his money to buy the "good car" and now can't afford the "good camera". :D
Not quite - I held back on the AWD and navigation. and should have held off on the DVD (which we never use) and the sunroof (which still makes me nervous even though it nevered has leaked). But very funny in any event. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
mrvids said:
He spent all his money to buy the "good car" and now can't afford the "good camera". :D
Taking photographs is just like driving. It's not the equipment, it's the 'nut behind the wheel!' :cheers:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
speleos said:
Taking photographs is just like driving. It's not the equipment, it's the 'nut behind the wheel!' :cheers:
Ha - that's good - my wife drives the Acadia - OOOHHHHHHH :D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
IMO; the Acadia is not suited for pinstripes; you can leave those for the Camaro

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi, I have the gold mist Acadia, I have hand painted stripes in black & maroon. I wanted to go chocolate & maroon, but the "artist" wouldn't let me. I've had all my Trailblazers & Tahoes striped wild with scrolls & scallops. I went very simple with the Acadia striping, it adds a nice personal touch. Mark.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts