GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my grandson to the Vintage / Historic races at Sebring Raceway this afternoon. We had a blast in Grandma's GMC.

First off the guy at the gate said this was the first Acadia he has seen, and asked how much. I told hin what the sticker was & he said not bad. I told him it's worth every penny ;D

At these races are car folks & lots of them. We saw tons of Pacificas, Chyannes', and every kind of sporty SUV / CUV made. We cruised around the paddock and infield turning heads everywhere we went. The ONLY a Acadia in the whole place. 8) It was great.

I'll attach a few race photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
RaceFla,

So "Grandma's" car in your home is an Acadia. Mine too!

My wife didn't like the GMC on the front of her Acadai until I told her it means "G[/color]rand M[/color]a's C[/color]ar"

Now she loves it!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
002 said:
RaceFla,

So "Grandma's" car in your home is an Acadia. Mine too!

My wife didn't like the GMC on the front of her Acadai until I told her it means "G[/color]rand M[/color]a's C[/color]ar"

Now she loves it!

Grand Mas Car..I got that from you. We were not ready to trade yet & had the grand kids with when looking. When signing the papers grandson was crying "grandpa why that man taking your X a dition (expedition)?" I told him we were getting a GMC Grand Ma's Car & the guy spit coffee through his nose, said he never heard that before ;D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Racefla,

Looks like the weather is great down there in Florida. I am so jealous!!

You even have to cut your grass in the winter (now I know why you have to have a fast lawn mower).

I have to go to South Carolina (Shaw AFB) on Fri for a retirement ceremony. I told my wife that since I was going to be halfway to Florida, I might as well go on the rest of the way. She said "great, I'm going with you". I've decided to take the Harley along too. I checked the web to see what's going on there and found Daytona Bike week started yesterday and ends next Sunday--I guess that will serve as a reason to go!

Trip will also be a way to find out how well the Acadia travels on a long trip (1600 miles round trip, plus any local miles), pulling a Harley on a trailer. Maybe I'll have some usefull feedback for those aren't yet able to take their Acadias on a trip, pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Love the race photos! My husband is a race car driver and an instructor for many clubs in the southeast. His favorite track is VIR (Virginia International Raceway). I drive up with the kids from Raleigh NC 2-3 times a year to watch him race (unfortunately with my 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Minivan). My Acadia should be arriving in the next week or two. It was at 3400-Broadcast on 2/28. His next race at VIR is in April so I'm going to come up in my Acadia and do the touring lap! Hopefully I will turn a few heads as well!

·
Registered
619 Posts
002 said:
Trip will also be a way to find out how well the Acadia travels on a long trip (1600 miles round trip, plus any local miles), pulling a Harley on a trailer. Maybe I'll have some usefull feedback for those aren't yet able to take their Acadias on a trip, pulling a trailer.
Yes, will be interesting to heard how it performs. Will be good to post to the trailering thread.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It does get a lot of attention, i parked at the mall way out in the back since i hate door dings and when i came out there was a security guard standing by it (ithought oh lord what now) but he was asking all sorts of questions and was very impressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts