GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO POST PICS OF THE DUAL SUNROOF W/SHADES CLOSED? WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW IT LOOKS?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shellbell said:
Here you go.
WEEEEE.....TY TY TY SHELLBELL, YOU ARE QUICK. :cheers:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canuck said:
Why arfe the shades not of real maerial? Why the mesh?
:jaw:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like the material in the Acadia better than the sun shades I've had in my past volvo, acura, and infiniti. The material allows you to somewhat see outside without the heat or bright sun light.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sboden said:
I like the material in the Acadia better than the sun shades I've had in my past volvo, acura, and infiniti. The material allows you to somewhat see outside without the heat or bright sun light.
YES, I THINK IT IS NICE AND IT ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO OPEN THE SUNROOF AND CATCH A NICE BREEZE W/WORRYING BOUT BIRDS POOPING OR FLYING IN HEHEHEHEHEHE

·
Registered
140 Posts
It seems durable to me. I haven't even touched the rear sunshade - I love that it's automatic. And the front shade took some getting used to - my last car had a solid cover. But I leave the front shade open most of the time because I love the sun. I think the rear shade will hold up well if I keep the kids' dirty paws off of it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shellbell said:
It seems durable to me. I haven't even touched the rear sunshade - I love that it's automatic. And the front shade took some getting used to - my last car had a solid cover. But I leave the front shade open most of the time because I love the sun. I think the rear shade will hold up well if I keep the kids' dirty paws off of it.
:rofl: :rofl: @ KIDS PAWS :ditto:

·
Registered
284 Posts
MsS42 said:
Sboden said:
YES, I THINK IT IS NICE AND IT ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO OPEN THE SUNROOF AND CATCH A NICE BREEZE W/WORRYING BOUT BIRDS POOPING OR FLYING IN HEHEHEHEHEHE
Enough with the all capitals, but that said, the key reason they're like they are is because the 2 consecutive panels don't allow room for typical solid shades, and rather than a thicker material more like the headliner still, the dense mesh blocks light and still lets a little through--which was the intention, I would assume. Takes some getting used to if you've had other sunroofs, but a very nice option nonetheless.

·
Registered
681 Posts
These sun shades actually roll up on a reel due to the lack of space behind the sunroofs like caddycruiser stated, so they had to use a lighter weight material - I actually prefer these, they do block alot of light and allow for the shade to be closed but air to get through if you want.

Using all caps means you are yelling your words :argue: - so sometimes it is OK to use, you want to make a point, others may take it as an insult as they do not like to be yelled at. I actually do not care since I cannot actually hear you - ;D ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I guess I was concerned that the mesh would get damaged and then what.

I also did not have a good experience in opening and closing the front slider. ( got it stuck) or uninformed operator....

I will take a closer look next time I drive either the Acadia or Enclave with an open mind.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to open the front shade the first time. My husband figured it out quickly though. I'm still not an expert at it - I have to fiddle with it. But it seems pretty durable.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Push up at the front.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Canuck said:
Sboden said:
Push up at the front.
Is that to open? Then push up to close at the end?
I've found that if you just push it straight up where the indent is the shade unlatches and retracts very easily. Then just push toward the front of the car to close. I made the mistake of being too forceful with it, which made it difficult.

·
Registered
110 Posts
pete7919 said:
Canuck said:
Sboden said:
Push up at the front.
I've found that if you just push it straight up where the indent is the shade unlatches and retracts very easily. Then just push toward the front of the car to close. I made the mistake of being too forceful with it, which made it difficult.
:ditto:

·
Registered
30 Posts
pete7919 said:
Canuck said:
Sboden said:
Push up at the front.
I sat in my Outlook with the salesman for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to open the sunshade (it was the first one he had sold). When I finally figured it out he thanked me! True - just push up in the middle, its pretty easy and makes sense when you realize it's on a spring loaded roller.

As far as the quality goes. This is the one thing about the vehicle that i always felt seemed a little cheap. The plastic handle on the front shade just seems a little flimsy and cheap, and my back shade seems to have little waves in it. I hope I never poke a piece of lumber or anything into the rear shade - I'm sure they would be pretty pricey to replace.

All this being said... I LOVE (yes - I am yelling here), the looks of the two sun roofs!

·
Registered
71 Posts
pepsikid said:
pete7919 said:
Canuck said:
Sboden said:
Push up at the front.
I sat in my Outlook with the salesman for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to open the sunshade (it was the first one he had sold). When I finally figured it out he thanked me! True - just push up in the middle, its pretty easy and makes sense when you realize it's on a spring loaded roller.

As far as the quality goes. This is the one thing about the vehicle that i always felt seemed a little cheap. The plastic handle on the front shade just seems a little flimsy and cheap, and my back shade seems to have little waves in it. I hope I never poke a piece of lumber or anything into the rear shade - I'm sure they would be pretty pricey to replace.

All this being said... I LOVE (yes - I am yelling here), the looks of the two sun roofs!
Anyone had to replace the rear sunshade yet? I picked mine up this weekend used and it is missing the rear sunshade. I hope it isn't to expensive.... :confused:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts