GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess maybe this should go in the pics section, but what the heck. My wife and I picked up our '09 SLT-2 last night from dealer here in St. Louis (McMahon Ponitiac-GMC). It's Carbon Black Metallic with Ebony leather interior. It's pretty much fully loaded. I justify it as this is going to be the family hauler for many years to come, so might as well splurge a little. Here are a few pics:

We're pretty stoked about this. We took it on it's maiden voyage to Costco this morning. My dad's been looking for a new home office chair, and they had a nice one that I picked up for him along with all our other bulk item purchases. Got out to the Acadia, hit the remote hatch open, folded the 3rd row down, and it swallowed everything whole. It was nice. Have the 2 little ones in the captain's chairs in 2nd row. Wow, really, really, like this...and we've only had it for a day!

Buying process couldn't have been easier. My friend/neighbor across the street works at McMahon Ford which has a sister dealership down the street (McMahon Pontiac-GMC), and got me tucked in. The only other person I really talked to was the finance guy. I had them skip the dealer prep as I really don't want anyone else washing my cars. Cleaned it up this afternoon. My dad also had a GM Mastercard that he put me on his account and I was able to use all $3300+ towards the Acadia.

Alright, lil'momma needs some attention...talk to you all later, and thanks to everyone for the advice over past 2 weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the family! :blob: Your Acadia looks really sharp in the black. What a great vehicle, huh?

·
Registered
2 Posts
looks like a beauty--congrats. If it has the nav with the uzr radio, could you look at your sound page (push top right button with musical note on it) and see what you have for equalizer options. Mine only has custom and talk, which seems very limited.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Nothing but good news here lately- a lot of happy new owners. It looks real nice, and we feel the same way about ours.

BTW, you posted in the right place, I appreciate it- I'm in the process of cleaning/moving the 40+ pages in this section to the proper sections.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Praise be . . . Finally someone else that ordered an Acadia with a console ! ! ! :blob: :clap2: :clap:

By the way . . . nice color. ;D :thumb: Congrats ! ! !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
flyboy767 - I'll have to check out the sound options later and report back. Haven't even had a chance to read the manual yet.

Adamdc - found mine from existing dealer inventory. My guy had to do a dealer trade to get it, and he wasn't doing that until I went out and looked at it to make sure the paint was good.

Wife and I were hesitant about the 2nd role console, but I think it'll be all good. I'll post some more pics this evening from when I waxed it this weekend.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Woo hoo the dealer called me today I canm take delivery on Friday and they are taking over my last 3 payments on the van. I am picking it up tomorrow morning to get the front windows tintes and the HID's installed then it goes on Tuesday for the undercoat and rust proof and then the crossrails get installed and I pick it up Friday.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, DSNY FN, that's some good news!!! We are absolutely stoked with ours so far :cheers:.

As for the EQ settings for the radio, it looks like we're limited to treble, mid, and bass for the custom settings. Yeah, that is pretty weak, but sounds pretty good overall for a Bose system. BTW, loaded the nav disc, setup onstar, and setup my bluetooth this evening. Still a ton of stuff to do for this thing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats dj_jonnyv she is definitely a BEAUTY! :cheers:

Enjoy. :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
533 Posts
DJ...,

Congrats and thx for the great pics. What a beauty! Makes me even more excited about getting mine one day soon. I like how you described your Acadia's cargo carrying abiliy as in "swallowing it whole". And that sure was a great little bonus to make use of thoses GM card savings!!! Can't beat that whole deal.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very, very nice---Congrats. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
That's pretty sharp looking. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts