GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
http://slrmotorsports.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=321

This site says they have a chip that will increase performance by 50 hp and 50ft-lb of torque and at the same time increase mileage by 3-6 mpg. They only want $69.99.

I think it is a bunch of rubbish. If it was as simple as $70 to get that much more performance at better efficiency, GM would be using that chip. This falls into that "it's too good to be true" category for me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
im the idiot who purchased one of those "chips" :banghead: it was nothing more than a resistor, sure, now they are fancy connectors and boxes, but that is all they are. plus, you really only get those increases when the conditions are right, ie. barometer, temp, altitude.

·
Registered
200 Posts
At least it wasn't overly expensive. Reminds me of the many performance boosters for internet connections......that do very little but store recent things in a cache.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not sure if it is available or not for the Acadia, but I had my PCM tuned in my 2002 Silverado and it made a huge difference. I had it done with Wait4Me Performance. Cost me $157.00, best money I ever spent. I guess I need to call them and find out if they can do our Acadia's. If anyone is interested as well their web site is http://www.wait4meperformance.com/

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I just thought I'd throw this out there to chew on. I'm not trying to make any statement for or against: ;D

#08-06-04-033B: Identifying Aftermarket Engine and Transmission Calibrations Gas Powered Engines Only and Automatic Transmissions - (Aug 26, 2008)

Important: This bulletin applies to Gas Powered Engines ONLY. For Diesel Powered Engines, refer to Service Bulletin #08-06-04-006A.

If a suspicious hard part failure is observed in the engine, transmission, transfer case or driveline, perform the calibration verification described to determine if a non-GM issued engine calibration is installed. Non-GM issued engine calibrations subject driveline components to stresses different than the calibrations which these components were validated to. Repairs to engine, transmission, transfer case and/or other driveline components where a non-GM engine calibration has been verified are not covered under the terms of the New Vehicle Warranty.

If a non-GM calibration is found to be in the ECM or TCM (CVN's on the Tech 2® do not match TIS printout) - In order to document the case -- a CLEAR digital picture should be taken of the Tech 2® screen showing the VIN and the CVNs that do not match the TIS2WEB printout. The picture, VIN and reason the vehicle is currently in for service should be emailed to * for verification. Please copy your GM District Service Manager (DVM) on the e-mail. GM will verify if the CVNs are not GM issued and respond via e-mail within 72 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts