GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
My wife and I are seriously looking at getting and Acadia or an Outlook this year. I'm leaning more towards an Acadia because I feel like they are more flexible on pricing over at GMC than at Saturn. Plus I can use my GM Card earnings. I've been looking at prices and I think for what we want we might be able to get out the door for 35k with an Acadia. What should I expect my monthly payments to be for a 5 or 6 year note? What is everyone else making in monthly payments? We just paid off our Malibu and will be looking to trade in my Colorado for the Acadia so we can still have a single car payment.

First post, but love the site!

Ryan

·
Registered
360 Posts
another good site to see what current interest rates and calculator is bankrate.com and should be in Buying and Leasing...

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
My Acadia SLT was roughly $30K. Unfortunately, I didn't get squat for a trade-in on my Vue and had to roll over $7K into my new loan. My rate is 7.99% with Fifth Third Bank for 6 years (GMAC's rate was 8.99%. Odd since I financed my last two Vues with GMAC - the first at 1.9% and the second at 3.9%). My payments are roughly $650 on a $37K loan. The first Acadia they showed me, the fully loaded one, would have given me payments of $989 a month. HAHAHAHA... uh, yeah I don't think so. It was a beautiful truck though.

If I didn't have that loan rollover from the Vue, I could have afforded more luxury options on my Acadia. *sigh*

Best of luck with your upcoming purchase. You're gonna love it!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Here is the Excel or Open Office forumula to use:

=PMT(Interest Rate/1200,# of payments,net amount financed,,0)

For interest rate above, it is the APR in the form 4.9, 5.9, etc. It has to be divided by 100 to get to correct decimal form and then by 12, as you are making monthly payments.

Lots of variables, so without knowing the net of your trade, what your downpayment is, what your tax rate is, and exactly what the deal is, hard to give estimates from what you provided above.

Here is an example though:

6.9 for 60 months
6000 net trade in (trade is 10,000 but 4,000 still owed)
6000 down payment
1250 incentives (rebates)
35500 Price for car
6.5% sales tax

35500-6000 = 29500 net after trade
29500 * .065 = 1917 tax
29500 (net) + 1917 (tax) - 6000 (down) - 1250 (rebates) = 24167 financed

=PMT( 6.9 /1200, 60, 24167,,0) = 478

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Web Raven said:
My Acadia SLT was roughly $30K. Unfortunately, I didn't get squat for a trade-in on my Vue and had to roll over $7K into my new loan. My rate is 7.99% with Fifth Third Bank for 6 years (GMAC's rate was 8.99%. Odd since I financed my last two Vues with GMAC - the first at 1.9% and the second at 3.9%). My payments are roughly $650 on a $37K loan. The first Acadia they showed me, the fully loaded one, would have given me payments of $989 a month. HAHAHAHA... uh, yeah I don't think so. It was a beautiful truck though.

If I didn't have that loan rollover from the Vue, I could have afforded more luxury options on my Acadia. *sigh*

Thanks for the info! I believe we have a little bit of equity in my Colorado but not much. $650 for a $37k loan is better than I thought it'd be!

Ryan

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
rme8494 said:
Web Raven said:

Thanks for the info! I believe we have a little bit of equity in my Colorado but not much. $650 for a $37k loan is better than I thought it'd be!

Ryan
6 year loan though - ouch!

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
loach said:
6 year loan though - ouch!
I know, I know. But I really really REALLY wanted an Acadia. If I didn't have that $7K rollover from the Vue, I could have done much better. Oh well, so I'm stuck with the Acadia for the next 6 years. Darn. LOL :p

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL - how will you ever cope??

;D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clsuper said:
rme8494 said:
What is everyone else making in monthly payments?
We financed our Acadia for ~$28,648 at 0% for 36 months. $795+change/month
3 years... now thats sweet!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
We did our financing (no trade in, kept last CVic as beater) on near $40K MSRP after rebates, GM Credit card, and near invoice pricing from dealer with $10K down at $730/month for 3 years at 0%.
Wife still complained but I am having to drive 30K/year miles for work and need reliability, plus company pays milage-anyway I end up doing all the payments anyway, she inherits them when I am done with them for work service.
I'd have preferred more like low $600s/month, but with 0% financing hard to justify using more of my own money for the downpayment!
Once GMC restocks the dealers, if they can afford it they need to run the 0% financing again if steady volume does not go up. 8)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I ended up paying approximately $35K with tax. I put down 10,000 and financed the rest for 3 years at the GMAC interest of 4.9%. Payment works out to around $725/MO.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts