GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Acadia, 10/08 manufacture date, has a tail light out already. I just noticed it thanks to someone pointing it out to me last night. I've been driving it for only 3 weeks now. Anybody out there have this issue yet?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: Passenger side tail light out- brand new 08

I had an interior light go out. It was just defective. That sometimes happens with the lights. My lights were out all the time on the Volvo and you had to be careful not to touch the bulb. If you did it would cut it's life at least in half.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a second within a couple months. Then you might have an electrical problem. (That's what ended up happening with the Volvo)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I was at dealer today for awhile to fix the tail light issue. Tech replaced fuse, left car on for a few minutes and when we checked light was out again. So he pulled whole light assembly back off, unplugged it and put a second fuse in to determine if it was the light that had the problem. As soon as he plugged fuse in , the fuse blew with the light unplugged. So, I have a short someplace in the car. They called GM for assistance and no one has heard of this issue happening yet. Ironically, this is the 08 Acadia that GM replaced my 07 with, that had so many issues. This car only has 600 miles on it and already they are having to pull off panels to expose the wiring. I really hate when they have to take my car apart like that. If anyone is experiencing this issue or has any suggestions, please post. I left the service tech at dealer, in back of my Acadia, with parts all around him and a most frustrated look on his face. Thank God for my dealer and everyone there though. They have been really good to me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car was at dealer for 3 days. They traced the short that was causing my tailight/fuse problem to my passenger side headlamp. They ordered a new headlamp and had it airmailed. Got car back yesterday and headlamp is fogged up inside after driving. It is a factory sealed unit. :mad: It could be the old headlamp did this too and I never noticed until the taillamp went out. This is aggravating. I called and told them it was fogged but I would not be in until after Thanksgiving. I have HID lamps for the record.

·
Registered
812 Posts
vic49 said:
Car was at dealer for 3 days. They traced the short that was causing my tailight/fuse problem to my passenger side headlamp. They ordered a new headlamp and had it airmailed. Got car back yesterday and headlamp is fogged up inside after driving. It is a factory sealed unit. :mad: It could be the old headlamp did this too and I never noticed until the taillamp went out. This is aggravating. I called and told them it was fogged but I would not be in until after Thanksgiving. I have HID lamps for the record.
could this be one of the reason for your battery drain issue?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a battery drain issue anymore. GM replaced my 2007 with this 2008 and this is a brand new car with a new issue. :mad:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to say I totally love this car and I'm trying real hard to do that. However, I can't help but feel somewhat apprehensive, when I am back at the dealer for my NEW car to be dismantled, only to have it put back together with a new headlight that fogs up. :banghead: They found that the headlight was making the tail light short out. So now I am going back again on Mon. to find out what is up with the new headlight.
I think the tranny on the Oct. 08 is much more responsive that the 07, I love the back up camera and I totally love the way the Acadia looks.
I do love the car, but I DO NOT love going to the dealer for service repeatedly and driving a crappy rental car. :'(

·
Registered
956 Posts
This is something most other makes do much better. You buy them and don't have to go back to the dealer a dozen times to get a poor design or bad build quality rectified. Even though the warranty will pay the cost of repairs, having to use it over and over again spoils the ownership experience. I know all makes have lemons and no car is perfect, but GM is still one of the worst regarding this problem. Buying any GM product is still a bigger crapshoot than almost any other make. There was a time when GM was my brand preference, but after numerious bad cars I switched to other makes and never had the problems I had with GM products. I know they have gotten better, but only because their very survival depends on it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bbc: Well said. I had a GM Yukon Denali and I never had a bit of trouble with it. That is why I figured I would give the Acadia a shot. It has been SO much different in regard to the number of service calls compared to my Denali, that had I bought the Acadia first, I probably would never have gotten another GM. But, on the other hand, GM has tried to rectify the problems I experienced by placing me in another Acadia, but now, this one is having issues, as well. Like you said, ALL cars have them, but it certainly takes away from the joy of ownership when you are repeatedly at the dealer for fixes. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts