GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Acadia, the passenger side mirror has a mind of it's own. I start the car, and the mirror can be all the way up, down, in and out. I need to reset it to the proper place to see for driving. Sometimes it stays where I set it for a few starts, then starts over again. I have had it at the dealer three times, called GM customer service {no help at all) to no answer.
I thought there was a senior mechanic that can get involved but the dealer doesn't seem to want to call them for help.
Has anyone had this issue, if so how was it resolved?
Thank you.
Wally Zastrow

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I have a 2017 Acadia, the passenger side mirror has a mind of it's own. I start the car, and the mirror can be all the way up, down, in and out. I need to reset it to the proper place to see for driving. Sometimes it stays where I set it for a few starts, then starts over again. I have had it at the dealer three times, called GM customer service {no help at all) to no answer.
I thought there was a senior mechanic that can get involved but the dealer doesn't seem to want to call them for help.
Has anyone had this issue, if so how was it resolved?
Thank you.
Wally Zastrow
Read this thread in the link. Especially Post #15.

There may be a clue there about the dealer having to dig in further and discover a calibration for the mirror that can be done.
Show him this info and it may help, or try another dealer.

Outside Mirror moves on its own

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had similar occurrence on a 2019 & dealer went nuts, replacing modules and parts. I got a multimeter that hoilds max & min readings, put it on battery (which dealer said was good), and found battery voltage dropped to 9 volts when engine being started. Replaced battery and problem has disappeared. I suspect low voltage caused module to drop mempry Might be worth you checking min battery voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts