GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My light appears to be out on the outside sideview mirror on the passenger side after only 3 months of ownership. I noticed it when I put the hazzard lights on and only the driver side was blinking.

Anyone have to change either of the outside sideview mirror bulbs yet?

Is it covered under the warranty?

Key1

·
Registered
164 Posts
In my experience, consumable or wear and tear items such as bulbs should be covered within the first year. I would take it in and have them look at it just in case something other than the bulb is a culprit. Are all the lights out in the mirror or is it just one of the LED bulbs?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Definitely take it back to the dealer. I believe there are multiple LEDs, so if all the LEDs are not working, it sounds like an electrical connection problem - perhaps at the mirror/door interface or in the door wiring harness/connectors. In any case the LEDs themselves should last a long time.

·
Registered
812 Posts
you dont happen to live in NWI do you? i just saw one in a stoplight with the same problem like you....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No,
I'm in Princeton, NJ.

I wonder if the problem is more wide spread but people don't realize it....since you can't see it blinking from inside the vehicle.
Key1

·
Registered
812 Posts
key1cc said:
No,
I'm in Princeton, NJ.

I wonder if the problem is more wide spread but people don't realize it....since you can't see it blinking from inside the vehicle.
Key1
i second to that, even with other vehicles, only till one someone tell you that your light is out then you'll be able to know it...

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
key1cc said:
No,
I'm in Princeton, NJ.

Key1
When my car isn't in the body shop, I can see it blinking. At the very end of the mirror you will see the light flashing.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My tailight was out on passenger side after 3 weeks of ownership and it was not a simple matter like a bulb. Turns out it was a short in the headlight on the same side. Took the dealer three days find the short. Now I will be going to garage to check my mirror lights. Let us know what it turns out to be.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like my problem is not the bulb (LED). I tried it today and it works fine (maybe Santa fixed it).

The other day when it did not work it had been raining. I wonder if the rain had anything to do with it.

I guess I will never no unless the problem returns. I'm sure if I take it to the dealer while it is working they will not be able to make any repairs.
Key1

·
Registered
384 Posts
You are right, unless they see what is happening they most likely will not be able to fix it. Sounds like you have a short and maybe moisture from rain is getting to wiring someplace and causing it? I would drive straight to dealer when it occurs again. You don't want to let it go. Do you have an 07 or 08?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an '08 and the light is out again. I now suspect it is a loose wire because I can press on it and get it to come on.....I'm calling the dealer now...
Key1

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I'm back from the dealer.
They said my entire sideview mirror has to be replaced and then repainted. :sosad:

I also got a 3500 mile oil change while I was there. They said that they use Exxon 5W-30 oil. Total cost was a whopping $41 bucks. It did include a "free" car wash, interior vaccuming, and topping of of any fluids....

Key1

·
Registered
35 Posts
key1cc said:
My light appears to be out on the outside sideview mirror on the passenger side after only 3 months of ownership. I noticed it when I put the hazzard lights on and only the driver side was blinking.

Anyone have to change either of the outside sideview mirror bulbs yet?

Is it covered under the warranty?

Key1
Back to the original poster.... I have an Enclave & right after delivery I noticed that the passenger side directional "light" on the mirror wasn't working. Took it to the dealer thinking it would be an easy fix & turned out they had to order a complete mirror assembly. When the mirror came in I took the Enclave in to have it installed & they discovered that it came in unpainted & had to send it to the body shop for paint match...another trip. Been fine since July..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts