GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Acadia
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Acadia SLT, front wheel drive. A few days ago I noticed that the passenger side is blowing hot air, no matter what the temp is set to on the passenger side, or if I take the passenger off and control both. I still have normal temp control on the driver side, and in the rear.
Is this a simply mechanical flap that is not opening or is stuck open, or another $300 part that has to be replaced?
If it's an electronic switch, is there a fuze that can be pulled to disable the fan on the passenger side? I'm about to head out on a cross country trip solo, so if nothing is coming out on the passenger side, that's fine with me. I can get it repaired when I get back.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I have a 2010 Acadia SLT, front wheel drive. A few days ago I noticed that the passenger side is blowing hot air, no matter what the temp is set to on the passenger side, or if I take the passenger off and control both. I still have normal temp control on the driver side, and in the rear.
Is this a simply mechanical flap that is not opening or is stuck open, or another $300 part that has to be replaced?
If it's an electronic switch, is there a fuze that can be pulled to disable the fan on the passenger side? I'm about to head out on a cross country trip solo, so if nothing is coming out on the passenger side, that's fine with me. I can get it repaired when I get back.
Blend door actuators are a common failure on older Acadia's. Have no idea what a fuze might be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts