GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 5k miles and I noticed the passenger blinker built into the side mirror wasn't working. Checked connection in door and fuse under dash, both were fine. Brought to dealer, the final decision was the bulb was burnt out. In order to replace the bulb, the entire side mirror has to be replaced, which means ordered, painted and scheduled installation. Thank goodness for warranties, but it's an inconvienience. With only 5k miles I hope this isn't a routine situation. I'm glad I spent the extra $1200 on an extended warranty. Just wanted to vent. Peace~

·
Registered
51 Posts
Same exact thing happen on my '08 Outlook but at 4K miles.
I did not buy the extended warrenty since I put less than 12K miles a year on it. Hopefully all the kinks are worked out before the 3 year regular warranty is up.
Key1

·
Registered
52 Posts
The light in the outside mirrors is probably and LED and not intended to ever burn out.
But people are finding out that LED's burn out too. Mainly due to heat issues.
For the future when all of our Acadia's are no longer under warranty: LED's are easy to replace (if you have a soldering iron)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is this true though...if one of these repeaters goes out, the entire mirror is junk? That seems ludicrous to me.

With a lifespan of around 50,000 hours at least, these should stay constantly lit for almost 6 years...yet they're only blinking periodically!

·
Registered
35 Posts
aziz said:
My left side mirror stolen last night :angryfire:

Wow! Are they that easy to remove?!

·
Registered
730 Posts
aziz said:
My left side mirror stolen last night :angryfire:
Any pics? I would be interested how nice of a job they did..just kiddin'...Sorry to hear about that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts