GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can only get a 2 or 4 way power seat on the passenger side. Has anybody tried to install the drivers side 6 way pedestal on the passenger side. I have been looking and it seems it should fit but I thought I would check before I rip them apart and try it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know the pedestal would probably fit, but you would have to retrofit the controls.

·
Registered
33 Posts
SCB I can only wonder why? In my ride the ole lady sits in the passenger seat and only needs front and back :thumb:

(I hope she doesn't read this :eek:hno:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TootsieRoll said:
SCB I can only wonder why? In my ride the ole lady sits in the passenger seat and only needs front and back :thumb:

(I hope she doesn't read this :eek:hno:)
I tow the Acadia when I visit one of my RV dealers leaving the motorhome and driving the Acadia home, about 600-1200miles at a time. The passenger seat feels like you ae on a slide going forward + the headrest is terrible. The 6 way would take care of all my bitches. Other than that I love the truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
could you put some shims on the front mounting points with longer bolts to maintain safety to "tilt" the seat to the point the felling of being on a slide subsides?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if you tried putting in the 6-way power seat on the passenger side? I’m new to this site and have been searching for the same answer to your question. Passenger seat is really uncomfortable. Tying to find a solution myself.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So I guess no one sat in the passenger seat before they bought their Acadia???

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
Three years and I still only ever sat in one seat of mine! Funny, I just found that my electric passenger seat has lumbar controls. Why would they scrimp on the 4-way control? ??? ::)

·
Registered
61 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
Sat in it, yes....rode around in it for an hour or more, no. I don't find the seat necessarily uncomfortable, but the footwell is awful. The wheel well intrusion makes it so you can't stretch out your right leg. I know everyone's legs are slightly different lengths...maybe the engineers at GM need to recalibrate their slide rules. ;)

L.S.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Speleos said:
Three years and I still only ever sat in one seat of mine! Funny, I just found that my electric passenger seat has lumbar controls. Why would they scrimp on the 4-way control? ??? ::)
That's funny. I've sat in just about every seat, except the 2nd row right behind the passenger seat, because our daughter's carseat is attached there. I've been in the 3rd row, both side positions, and the left side 2nd row, as well as the middle 2nd row (we have the bench)...which is not the best seat, but doable. Actually, the 3rd row outside positions are more comfortable than the middle position in the 2nd row. As for the front two, my wife and I equally share the driving, so I'm in both seats quite often. Only wish my Enclave had the power lumbar and power recline, those are both manual controls for both seats on the CX model. As for the passenger front seat's comfort level, it's far better than our Bonneville's front passenger seat, that one is not power, so it's not as easy to find a comfortable position, and I rarely am happy riding there for any longer distances.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
My original thoughts were:

dmax44 said:
Passenger seat is really uncomfortable. Tying to find a solution myself.
I'm not sure there really is an affordable solution; I guess I see this as something that should have been thought about prior to sale IMO :-X

1 - 12 of 12 Posts