GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2015 SLT. Put a lot of camping gear on the passenger seat this weekend for a few hours. Since then, the seat belt alarm on the center stack keeps going off, even if nobody is sitting there. Buckling the belt does turn it off, but that's not much of a solution.

Since we always wear our seat belts, I see this "feature" as more of an annoyance than anything. I would prefer to disable it rather than paying the dealer to replace the sensor. I already have 79K miles on it.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Keeping the seat belt buckled might be the only solution short of getting it repaired properly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keeping the seat belt buckled might be the only solution short of getting it repaired properly.
I was really hoping I could just pull a fuse. Darn.

So it seems like I caused the problem by putting camping gear on the seat this weekend. It definitely wasn't more than 100 pounds. Seems odd that this would cause a problem.

Have others had the sensor replaced? How much can I expect to spend?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I was really hoping I could just pull a fuse. Darn.

So it seems like I caused the problem by putting camping gear on the seat this weekend. It definitely wasn't more than 100 pounds. Seems odd that this would cause a problem.

Have others had the sensor replaced? How much can I expect to spend?
Putting camping gear on the seat shouldn't have caused a problem, especially around 100 pounds that's a normal sized tween. Have you tried driving with a passenger in the seat and then shutting off the car and driving again with no passenger to see if the seat sensor comes back on?

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Putting camping gear on the seat shouldn't have caused a problem, ...
All depends on what it is and how it sits on the sensor. If the item has corners pressed against just one section of the sensing pad, that item could have broken a wire in the sensing mesh.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Could the seat belt system have some kind of extended warranty past the basic 3 year 36K? Might be worth a call to the dealer...

·
Registered
94 Posts
The sensor on my 2011 Acadia was wack. It would alarm with anything on the seat, even just an iPad...every time.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
tewatson
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing