GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a problem since it hasn't recurred except to force the issue. The other evening we remote started the Acadia (because we can) before running a few errands. The passenger got in before I put the key in the ignition to "unlock" the vehicle. We noted that the passenger airbag sensor display didn't switch from off to on. When we got in the car the next few times, we tested different scenarios. Sure enough, if the passenger sat on the seat before the key was inserted and turned, the display didn't change. But, if the key was inserted after remote start before the passenger sat on the seat, it switched over to "on." No issues when a passenger sits on the seat or not when you start the car from regular key sequence without using remote start.

More of a FYI than anything else.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What happens if, after you insert the key, your passenger lifts himself off of the seat for a few seconds and then sits back down?

On my suburban, sometimes my older (under 100 lb.) kids sit on the passenger seat and I get the "passenger airbag ON" indicator. If they lift their butt for a few seconds and sit back down, then the indicator will reset to "passenger airbag OFF"

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In regular key start mode, that happens. On to then off. Didn't try that one in remote start mode. Need to try that one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
this is a pretty significant "FYI" IMO....it's not all that an unusual scenario for us, especially if we're busy putting stuff and/or kids into the back...sometimes the passenger will actually get seated first...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John, this has not repeated since that one notice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts