GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Acadia. Every time it snows my alert comes on that my parking assist is off! Is the message supposed to stay on the entire time while driving? I can understand it being on when in reverse but I like to be able to see the outside temperature and other messages while driving on my dash!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
That's weird, no clue. Maybe the snow is interfering with the back up sensors

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe you can scroll past the message to what you want to see and it will stay that way until you restart your car or clean the sensors. I try to remember to clean my sensors on the bumper with my finger before getting in the car. I also find that they may need cleaning again at my next stop after driving for a while. The same goes for the back-up camera. They work great while clean but that isn't too often in snow country! ;)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
The airflow behind these vehicles leaves a lot to be desired; I notice a lot of road stuff on the tailgate after rain or whatever bad weather is happening.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just push the odometer reset button to clear the DIC message.
The display will go back to the temperature and mileage.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've found heavy snow OR icing can cause this. And yes, just use the DIC as noted to remove it. Then don't forget the assistance is off and back into something. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Snow and ice does cause this.
The owner's manual descibes the details of the park assist option.
I believe it also inactivates if you increase your speed over 10 mph in reverse,
and are towing something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts