GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was behind a white acadia today and could not figure out what looked different... It finaly dawned on me that the lower portion of the bumpers were also painted white. Has anyone else had this done? I looked real clean, not that the black bumper is bad. Would look real nice on our Red Jewel. I pulled this off of an old post. Does anyone have an idea what would this cost?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
For me and my Blue/Gold; I like the black bumper.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think with the lighter colors I would have to agree. I just realy like the idea of the monochromatic color scheme. Good luck with the Bodyshop sounds like it should only take a little under two weeks thats pretty good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wonder how well the paint sticks to that kind of surface? Also, I wonder how easy it would be to chip.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
bizkit said:
I wonder how well the paint sticks to that kind of surface? Also, I wonder how easy it would be to chip.
I don't think the problem is with the paint sticking as much as the paint chipping from road debris. You could get paint to stick to anything as long as it's prepared correctly

·
Registered
540 Posts
jsimms said:
bizkit said:
I don't think the problem is with the paint sticking as much as the paint chipping from road debris. You could get paint to stick to anything as long as it's prepared correctly
Chipping would be a major problem. I know for my pickup they make replacement panels for the wheel molding and top bumper covers if you what them painted. The textured plastic just doesn't look right with the paint. I like the way it is because the plastic prevents the chips and dings. Plus with all the parking lot damage if needed you could just hang a new bumper cover because they don't need painting.

Bobby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts