GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have the painted 18" wheels and notice that the finish is chipping off around the edge of the rim near the bead? I was washing the car this weekend and noticed the right front wheel had three seperate areas along the tire bead already missing. I have only 440 miles on the car, and have had it for only a month. This sits in a garage all night, and has never been parked on a street where I would have rubbed up against a curb. I don't use any chemical cleaners or brushes on the rims to clean them either. Just car wash soap, and a microfiber sponge.

Would something like this be covered under warranty? I don't know what they would consider defect versus normal wear and tear items.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Seems like it should last longer than that but that is why I did not want painted wheels. Any rocks or slight curb scrapes and you are toast. Impossible to avoid that. Not sure why they even make painted wheels. Pontiac had plastic chrome wheels on the Grand Am a couple years back. Now that was really lame.

Good luck with the wheels. Hope they can be touched up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.