GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking over my 09 Acadia and noticed, that both sides near the bottom of the windshield and the front quarter panels I can see white! is that primer! and why in the hell I am able to see itif I look down into it and also both sides of the hood near the windshield they is also white visible. Will my car rust faster since there is no paint coverage on these spots? should I take it to the dealer? I am overwhelmed by this for 45,000

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
paolom said:
I was just looking over my 09 Acadia and noticed, that both sides near the bottom of the windshield and the front quarter panels I can see white! is that primer! and why in the hell I am able to see itif I look down into it and also both sides of the hood near the windshield they is also white visible. Will my car rust faster since there is no paint coverage on these spots? should I take it to the dealer? I am overwhelmed by this for 45,000
Can you post pictures? This is unimaginable.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I will try later today..I was supposed to get it rust proofed today but I am not so sure that I should! because of this what do you think

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry should of read rust proofed

ok I will try later today..I was supposed to get it rust proofed today but I am not so sure that I should! because of this what do you think

Moderator edit
I corrected this post & some others since our search function relies on certain words as they are entered- posts will not be found otherwise. If you make use of Mozilla Firefox as a browser, it will eliminate many of these problems by simply right-clicking on the underlined word. It is a free download.[/color]

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I would get it to the dealer before the rust proofing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
paolom said:
sorry should of read rust proofed

Rust proofed? Didn't know that you could still get that done. Is there really a need to have it rust proofed?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
lewisra said:
Rust proofed? Didn't know that you could still get that done. Is there really a need to have it rust proofed?
Haven't had a sales pitch for that in years. The vehicle warranty against rust is many years from what I recall.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I need it, they use salt very heavily in Canada. The warranty from gm is only 5-6 years? :-\

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went to dealer and confirmed these spots where indeed missed in the factory paint stage! I advise all of you to inspect your vechiles carefully espically between front panel and windshield close to the plastic rubber piece that goes along the bottom front of windshield, they told me they have seen worse Acadia's and are know for spots missed with paint, the good thing is it still covered and protected with primer. I'm taking it in a few weeks to get the missed spots corrected only along the hood the other part is barely noticable unless you really look for it. :-\

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Can we get some info:
Color of your Acadia, Model, Build date?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sure it was built june 2009 and is a slt carbon black I think I added the infor on my signature, please let me know if it does not sure

thanks

anyone else with this issue please post after you inspect

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do you guys think since it is primed but not painted will it rust between the front top of the quarter panel inside lip where it meets the windshield

they told me they would have to take off the whole front side panel to get at it to paint the missed spot and I am reluctant to go that far...what to do...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
We have had a few members with unfortunate occurances with their Acadia's. One word of caution, since you have the Carbon Black Metallic it is crucial they use the right paint code and they spray it correctly. There are a few posts you should look at. There were some issues with the metallic matching.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
insti08 said:
We have had a few members with unfortunate occurances with their Acadia's. One word of caution, since you have the Carbon Black Metallic it is crucial they use the right paint code and they spray it correctly. There are a few posts you should look at. There were some issues with the metallic matching.
I won't be spraying it it will be the dealer..so I need to make sure they do not get it wrong?

also how about "near the bottom of the windshield and the front quarter panels I can see white! is that primer!" if I leave it do you think it will rust because to paint that area they told me they would have to take off the whole front quarter panel

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
paolom said:
went to dealer and confirmed these spots where indeed missed in the factory paint stage! I advise all of you to inspect your vechiles carefully espically between front panel and windshield close to the plastic rubber piece that goes along the bottom front of windshield, they told me they have seen worse Acadia's and are know for spots missed with paint, the good thing is it still covered and protected with primer. I'm taking it in a few weeks to get the missed spots corrected only along the hood the other part is barely noticable unless you really look for it. :-\
It's good to see that your dealership is going to take care of this; there have been some issues with metallic paint matching, but I would wait and see how things look when the job is done

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
:worthless:

·
Registered