1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
It should do a good job.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If not, I've used an S.O.S. pad on past vehicles from paint overspray and it took care of it without scratching the glass. Be sure to use some soapy water with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would not use a SOS pad!

I worked at a glass shop, and if glass or mirror had over spray on it we would use #0000 steel wool, it is made to polish and clean glass and is very fine and will not scratch the glass. After you are done vac. up and metal dust from the pad, then clean with a good quality auto glass cleaner.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just being curious, would you use the steel wool dry or with some kind of a liquid?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can use it dry, just make sure it's #0000 it will say for polishing [not paint polishing] and glass. Only use it on glass! also works great on glass mirrors.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The S.O.S. pad has a soapy mixture in the pad and has never scratched any glass I've used it on...it might not be quite as fine as #0000 steel wool, but it's not like sandpaper either. I should have noted in my earlier post that this is FOR GLASS ONLY AND NOT TO BE USED ON THE PAINTED SURFACES such as the hood mentioned. Clay bar for that would work just fine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Water and SUPER FINE #0000 steel wool at your local hardware store.  Use circular motions and.... KEEP THE GLASS WET AT ALL TIMES!!!  A spray bottle with water is a great thing!

Those that get hard water spots on the windshield, windows and mirrors this technique will work great for that as well.

Clay bar is great on paint to remove debris and must be kept wet as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts