GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw another thread regarding paint chips and dents but it didn't really answer my question. I have three chips in the paint on my Crimson 08 Arcadia. Two on the passenger door and one by the gas cap. Any idea where I can get matching paint to repair it? Does GMC sell anything like that?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm pretty sure that your dealer can get you touch up paint. Filling chips and/or scratches can be tricky. Sometimes, depending on how much the paint blobs out when you apply it, it can actually look worse. Also, the touch up paint usually does not have the clear coat so even though it matches the base color, it doesn't match the shine of the rest of the paint. Here is an article about paint chips that has some links that might be helpful.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120294515676366607.html#MARK

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can also go to a auto paint supply shop and give them your paint code and they will mix you up a pint. Use a tooth pick and you are in there. If you get paint chips in your front-end you can use an air brush, let the paint dry and use some wax like the wax shop super glaze that WILL NOT leave behind residue in the chips/spots. Detailers trick I learned when I detailed cars for a living.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts