GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After detailing the Acadia today, I noticed I have an unusual amount of chips in my paint for such a new vehicle. And not just in one area. The front passenger side fender. Also on both doors (one driver's side, one passenger), and on the tailgate as well. I rubbed the one on the tailgate with my nail and it's almost like the paint wants to flake off, so I stopped doing that immediately.

Anyone else with a red jewel notice chips in your paint and that they tend to flake easily?

Maybe this is normal. I'm just disappointed that I already have imperfections in my otherwise perfect Acadia. :-\

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a dark blue SLE and I dinged up the tailgate on the garage door the first week I had it. when I went to examine the damage further with my finger, it flaked off like old nail polish. I too quit doing that, but am concerned about may paint finish. it shouldn't come off so easy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Web Raven said:
After detailing the Acadia today, I noticed I have an unusual amount of chips in my paint for such a new vehicle. And not just in one area. The front passenger side fender. Also on both doors (one driver's side, one passenger), and on the tailgate as well. I rubbed the one on the tailgate with my nail and it's almost like the paint wants to flake off, so I stopped doing that immediately.

Anyone else with a red jewel notice chips in your paint and that they tend to flake easily?

Maybe this is normal. I'm just disappointed that I already have imperfections in my otherwise perfect Acadia. :-\
I would take it to the dealer and complain, at least report it in case it gets worse.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I agree. You both should do that. It shouldn't flake off easily.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Web Raven said:

I read in another post from a Lansing insider that they are using a "powder primer" whcih is some sort of new process. I am wondering if this is the reason for the paint to be chipping off so easily?

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=932.0

The paint should not come off so easily, my other thought is that the paint might not have fully cured, but with todays dryers they have in the plant I would think that this should not be the problem.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Anyone else having this problem? I have not received mine yet. I still have time to bail if necessary. I have seen cars on the road with the peeling paint. I try very hard to keep my car looking good. I do not want to have to deal with this issue. My other GM cars have never had a problem. Wondering if this is just an isolated incident or more widespread.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I noticed that the paint on my 06 Torrent seems to chip easier than other gm vehicles I've had in
the past, so this problem might not be limited to the Acadia. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Web Raven, didn't you say you got a paint protection package from your dealer? If so, just wondering if there could be a connection there.

Don't know if your paint protection came with a warranty of any kind, but if so it sounds like you might have a claim brewing....

·
Registered
261 Posts
luvmyacadia said:
Web Raven said:

I would take it to the dealer and complain, at least report it in case it gets worse.
I too would take it to the dealer and if that doesn't work out, contact GM customer service. I think GM wants to make sure they get as much positive publicity on the Acadia that they can get. I'm sure they don't want the negative stuff.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I realize this is an old post, but I just posted a comment about chipping around the headlights. I am extremely concerned with the quality of the paint finish. I also have a chip in the driver's side door that may have happened when I opened the door and had to catch it because it swings open so fast. When I did that my ring hit the door, but the chip wasn't even visible until WEEKS later.

Here's my post: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1901.0

·
Registered
389 Posts
Can we get body colored door edge guards for the Acadia like I have on my hondas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.