GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both sides of my acadia have paint chipping away where the headlights meet the paint. The best way to describe it is right where the sharp curve is at the top side of each headlight - on the outside edges. On each side I'm seeing paint chipping off. Maybe the road friction is causing the headlights to rub into the paint? I'm going to take it to the dealership to see what they say.

My Acadia is summit white. I've also noticed yellowish hues on the panels coming down each side of the windshield. It would be interesting to know if anyone else has the same problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have one paint chip near the left headlight. I noticed it shortly after I purchased my Acadia, so I think it was there before I bought it. I haven't noticed anyother chips. I plan on getting some touchup paint to fix it. I haven't noticed any yellow dicoloration in any of the panels. My Acadia is also Summit White.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
maybe it has something to do with the white color. I have the deep blue and no chips thank God.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone said in another post they were having trouble with chips in their dark blue Acadia. I also read that they used a new method of sealing the paint, or maybe it was the clearcoat they were talking about. I don't know, but I hope this isn't going to be a big problem in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 Acadia with 6,500 miles on it. I washed it yesterday and noticed about 5 small chips by the drivers side headlight. It does not look like anything hit it . It is a Silver Acadia. So far I love the vehicle that is the only issue I have noticed.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I can't say if the chipping is GM's fault or from debris on the road. I ride a motorcycle and you would be surprised how much abrasive debris is airborne on the roads. Small stones, sand, broken glass, you name it and it's there, but often unseen. I bought a new Toyota Tundra and within 6 weeks I had about 10 or 15 chips in the front end and even on the painted side mirrors and yet I don't think the paint is defective. My Acadia has not received any chips yet, but I know there coming.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a summit white with same issue around both front head lights, 2 I can not call them chips but rather flakes around both. Going to get some touch up and hope that fixes it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe it's caused when the headlamps are installed at the factory. They contact the fender and crack the paint.

I'm starting a new thread on the discolored paint where the A-pillars meet the fenders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
About two weeks ago I purchased my brand new '08 White Diamond Tricoat Acadia. Just yesterday I also noticed paint "flaked off" on the upper edge of the headlights near the fenders on both headlights. I do not believe it was like this when I got it from the dealership since I went over the whole vehicle when I purchased it making sure there were no dings. What I did notice was that there is no rubber surround on that part of the headlight where it makes contact with the sheetmetal. In other words there is nothing there to protect the light from damaging the paint and therefore rubs against the paint. I believe the normal "movement" of the vehicle caused the damage. In this aspect it was not engineered correctly. My concern is that even though I may cover it with touchup paint it is still going to reappear again and be damaged further.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts