GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Good afternoon, to start with, this issue started occuring about 2 months ago. My wife calls me and says the suv stalled out after showing engine power reduced, traction control off, stabilitrak, vehicle goes into limp mode and sometimes it would just stall out altogether. CEL is on solid at this point ( never flashing). Turn off the car for a minute and turn it back on, starts up fine, CEL is on. I go get it checked and 1 code comes back as P1682. This has happened periodically (tsometimes a week later, sometimes a couple days later, very intermittent). Reading a LOT of threads and youtube videos, there is no one common fix because these issues can happen from a multitude of problems. So instinctively I told our shop to just replace the ignition switch since that code could be a faulty ignition switch. No bueno, the issue came back again a week later.

So, one night i took off the throttle body and checked it out, it was pretty dark with carbon build up so I cleaned it all up put it back on. Started the car back up and right away engine running rough, service traction control, service stabilitrak, traction control off, CEL is on. come to find out I didn't connect the pin back in to where the sensor is on the throttle body, oops. Plugged it back in, issue went away, CEL went away after about 5-10 minutes so wasn't able to get codes. Now a couple weeks back, my wife is driving and barely moving ( the car is reading 0 basically, foot is off the gas pedal from being stopped but that's it) and the vehicle stalls out. Luckily she is right by the dealership, takes it over and the following codes show up ( all as HISTORY, not sure if that's relavent); B1287, C0242, P1682, P16A1.

Dealer reading the code tells my wife ( i'm on bluetooth in the car), you have a bad ECM. So naturally they go to the most expensive part to say it's the problem, forgive me for not trusting that right away. My concern is that 2 of the codes ( C0242 and P16A1) are from when I didn't have the connector pin plugged into the throttle body sensor (maybe just the P16A1 as that isspecifically for the throttle position sensor) , but I have no way of verifying that. The other side to this is that OReilly's OBD 2 scanned may not have been able to pull the other codes? The B1287, I asked my wife if she had the radio turned up at the time this occured and she said she did, so I think that maybe.

So here i am currently, still scratching my head. Changed spark plugs a week ago, cleaned maf sensor, checked all connector points to the ecm, throttle body, throttle body tube cleaned. Sorry if this is all over the place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I was able to find the following thread in the traverse forum. i think i'll steer - pun intended- in that direction. specifically what user terie and cgostola had mentioned having the same exact issues ( as i initially stated in first paragraph).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts