GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:mad: Ok - so I had this fault code and a P0496 recently. I have:

• Purchased a new gas cap from Autozone
  • Replaced the purge valve solenoid
  • Had the EVAP system leak tested by a local mechanic - NO signs of a leak detected
  • Replaced the fuel pressure sensor
My wife got the tighten gas cap message on the cluster yesterday and today P0455 reared it's ugly head again.

I'm at my wits end with this thing...any thoughts on what might be my next course of action?

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
Maybe you got sold a faulty gas cap. :shrug: Try one from GM.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Is it all possible there is a hole somewhere in your filler tube? Maybe something rubbed or cracked and is causing the pressure difference?? Maybe see if you can somehow check the line from the fill hole down to the tank??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Find a shop that can check the system with a smoke machine if it has not been done already. It may show up a very small leak in the plumbing. Just another idea. Just trying to help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find a shop that can check the system with a smoke machine if it has not been done already. It may show up a very small leak in the plumbing. Just another idea. Just trying to help.
I did that, the mechanic showed me the machine and how the gauge was indicating no leak yet the car continued to show both a minor and major leak through the CEL.

I've replaced the gascap with one from auto zone...maybe I need to get a factory cap instead? The purge valve solenoid was replaced as well as the fuel pressure sensor on the tank.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am currently dealing with the same issue 2 new gas caps one from Parts source and one factory GM new sensor and purge valve solenoid which was checked to see if it was faulty. I have to get an E test before Wed for my new sticker on my B day and it will fail with any CEL or not ready notation when they check

·
Registered
2 Posts
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:mad: Ok - so I had this fault code and a P0496 recently. I have:

• Purchased a new gas cap from Autozone
  • Replaced the purge valve solenoid
  • Had the EVAP system leak tested by a local mechanic - NO signs of a leak detected
  • Replaced the fuel pressure sensor
My wife got the tighten gas cap message on the cluster yesterday and today P0455 reared it's ugly head again.

I'm at my wits end with this thing.

Hello everyone I've dealt with this problem for over 6 months now and have finally come to realize. It must be many people's problem, as mine, The solenoid goes bad and sends the small leak detected, large leak detected or even another code with it of too much evacuation of the gas tank air!
Either way people it is just evap purge solenoid! Don't drop your gas tank for nothing I replaced my purge solenoid three times before buying a name brand one!
I dealt with this for so long trying to find a league and there wasn't one, finally come to find evap purge solenoid is the main cause as I have replaced three of them and think people should probably choose that one as the first cause because it does most of the work meaning 98% of the work being on all the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts