GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys! I have a 2wd 08 GMC Acadia, we had the check engine light come on about a month and a half ago, the code at that time was po455 I think? We replaced the gas cap, air intake hose and purge valve.
Now when its nicer I have no issues, but this last week or so that it has been cold it will flash tighten gas cap and then the check engine light will come in and when I read it the code is p0449. I will attach the photo of that read. At any rate I'm at a loss of what to do. Any pointers would be great :)
Automotive lighting Font Gas Rectangle Magenta

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add that it has no issues starting, no noticeable changes in the way it runs , and I do notice a stronger odor of gas when I first start it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The canister vent valve is different from the purge valve. The vent valve is located under the vehicle near the EVAP canister. It's going to require some good EVAP system troubleshooting to locate and repair the problem. The problem could be in the wiring, hoses, or canister itself.
Okay thanks guys!. It has been getting frustrating. I am gonna do a freeze frame when I go to clear the code , apparently that will tell me how its affecting the vehicle ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts