GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Acadia owner. 2015 SLE 2. 52k miles. Soon after buying from dealer, P0443 code appeared. I replaced the gas cap, and replaced the purge valve...code is still there. Says "permanent". (cannot even remove it temporarily). I checked the wires to the purge valve...they look fine. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 'permanant' nature could ultimately mean something has failed in the ECM. A trip to the dealer's service center or other qualified repair shop might be in order. Here's a handy troubleshooting guide you can follow to determine if you need more professional help: P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit .
Thanks. No, the permanent is not necessarily the ECM. I had another code for the temp sending unit....also said "permanent"....I replaced the unit....code disappeared. A mechanic told me permanent usually indicates an electrical short, either in the part (as was the case with the temp send unit) or the wiring. Since I replaced the purge valve solenoid and the gas cap, thinking that only leaves the ECM, or a short. I'm not knowledgeable enough to check either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts