GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P.A.L. has been installed and its working great! :thumb: BUT! it took two rounds of programing!

·
Registered
912 Posts
So this is truly a reality now man it took long enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you mind posting part #, cost, and will the PAL work with the nav radio? Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installation/Harness kit # 19212093 $59.00
P.A.L. module #19201495 $100.00

Plus tax, dealer said it would work with Nav but I would verify with yours. They needed a Level Tech 2 to do the install. i took two hours for the install.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
So to total up the cost:

Parts: $159
Labor: $ 2 hours @ customer pay shop rate ($75~100?/hour), $150~200
Total: $259~359

Great that it will work with the nav radio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's about what I was quoted from local GM shop. They said they had to access the back of the radio. I was thinking this would be like the Scosche whre you only need to access the XM tuner module. I have been trying to decide between the PAL and SCOSCHE.

MBORDEN - still working OK? I have heard that you cannot use IPOD while using TBT nav from Onstar. Is this correct?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mborden, please give us a few more details. Do you ever have any problems with PAL reconizing ipod? Where did you mount the ipod? Any problems with your disc navigation?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm wondering when they will perfect it for the 2009's. I wanted to get the I Touch and hook it up in the Acadia thru the P.A.L

Bobby

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
swb001 said:
That's about what I was quoted from local GM shop. They said they had to access the back of the radio. I was thinking this would be like the Scosche whre you only need to access the XM tuner module. I have been trying to decide between the PAL and SCOSCHE.

MBORDEN - still working OK? I have heard that you cannot use IPOD while using TBT nav from Onstar. Is this correct?
I've tried three different Ipod's in the Acadia and they all work fine, I will have to check out the TBT this weekend!

·
Registered
47 Posts
mborden said:
I've tried three different Ipod's in the Acadia and they all work fine, I will have to check out the TBT this weekend!
Any update?

Assume works with iPhone 3G as well?

And where is the cord, in the glove box like some of the pictures show?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will try the Turn by turn this weekend, cord is in the top dash board compartment.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea, I would really like to know if someone tried an iphone with it!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any update? TBT work?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts