GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to see the Enclave in person yesterday. I might be in the minority but I thought it looked great! The dash seemed to be more durable with tougher (and better looking) plastic/vinyl? I really liked the center clock effect. I immediately tried the standard back-up camera, which I loved. I think the woodgrain is tasteful but not overly done. It was that brownish color which looked gorgeous, forget the official name, as well as the top of the line model. Really liked the standard 19" tires too.

With that said, I still prefer my Acadia. :D

I think the Acadia, in general, is sportier and "tougher" looking while the Enclave is more luxurious looking. I also prefer the Acadia red dash lights over the blue-green dash lights of the Enclave.

Lastly, I've read a couple of things regarding the Acadia and off-roading and this is what I personally did...bought an older Jeep Wrangler this week for the rocky and "dirtier" roads that I hope my Acadia will never confront!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have yet to see one that was not brown. I think if I saw one, I'd like it better than that color.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cravenfan said:
I have yet to see one that was not brown. I think if I saw one, I'd like it better than that color.
Stopped by my dealer last weekend. They had only one Enclave there and it was Red Jewel Tint. My wife prefers that color, but we both like the appearance of the Acadia over the Buick.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cravenfan said:
Went to the All GM Nationals car event in Carlisle PA this past Saturday. The local Buick/GMC/Cadillac/Hummer dealer rented some space on the grounds and had one of every model on display. Sure enough, the Enclave was brown.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just saw my first enclave at my dealer today. Eh, its ok. Got used to the rear end look but still dont like the front. Interior quality seems the same as the Acadia to me. Finishes are different of course but not better in my opinion. I cannot get over the wood grain trim and analog clock. I realize that is supposed to be classy but to me it screams geezer. And if you thought rear visibility was bad in the Acadia, try looking out the enclaves postage stamp rear window. Overall it was Ok but I would still choose the Acadia or Outlook over it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We originally went in to buy a Red Jewel Enclave and after we looked at it, and compared it to the GMC, we ended up not going Buick. Yes, the ride of the Buick is almost silent, and the leather is softer, and the interior upscale. But for some reason, when we look at the GMC, and drove the GMC, we just liked it better. Hard to explain. Either way, they are both fantastic vehicles.

·
Registered
332 Posts
We have both and they are both excellent vehicles. We bought the Enclave new about a year ago and just recently bought a used Acadia with 27,000 miles. I can tell you this, I wouldn't have ever bought another one if they weren't excellent vehicles. I looked at the Lincoln MKX before deciding on the Acadia. I just think the Acadia looks so cool. And yes, it is Medium Brown Metallic.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think the interior of the Enclave is more luxurious where the Acadia is sportier looking. I would have bought the Enclave only for the interior appearance, but couldn't stand the front end.

I think Buick needs to update the front end on all their models. That look only appeals to my parents and grandparents (seniors). They have made huge strides with the overall body styling and interior, but the open mouth grille with the three shield logo is "old school." If they don't start appealing to the young professionals the Buick brand will be a name of the past.

Love my Acadia.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
golf2beach said:
I think the interior of the Enclave is more luxurious where the Acadia is sportier looking. I would have bought the Enclave only for the interior appearance, but couldn't stand the front end.

I think Buick needs to update the front end on all their models. That look only appeals to my parents and grandparents (seniors). They have made huge strides with the overall body styling and interior, but the open mouth grille with the three shield logo is "old school." If they don't start appealing to the young professionals the Buick brand will be a name of the past.

Love my Acadia.
You guys are way off the mark with your comments about the Enclave, the very fact is that the styling IS appealing to younger buyers, it's been proven in the demographic numbers of buyers. The clock in the dash is on par with other luxury vehicles, has nothing to do with age of driver. (someone said it screamed geezer....whatever) I've never heard anything wrong with the front end styling, until now on this thread. It's funny to read the comments from the start of this thread from 2007, when the Enclave first came out. Sounds like people didn't like it right off the bat, but for sure now...it's become very popular, and usually more talked about than the rest of the Lambdas.

FWIW: I think the Acadia is great looking as well, and would never make negative comments about it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was completely focused on the Acadia, that is until I was shown a dark blue Enclave CXL that was on special. I thought the truck was absolutely gorgeous and the price made for a difficult decision. The one big factor for me was tow rating, for what ever reason the Enclave is rated 4500#'s vs. 5200# for Acadia!! I have no regrets I absolutely love my Acadia, but the Enclave is equally as nice a rig...IMO ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's just my opinion, but the front end of the Enclave was a turn off for me. I loved everthing else about the vehicle from behind the grille to the rear bumper. If I could have put the nose of the Acadia on the Enclave for me that would have made a sweet ride. I think the numbers from the latest Lambda US Sales Chart speak for themself http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5321.msg90445#msg90445 .

But then again, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My wife was 37 when we bought the Enclave. I would hardly call that an old geezer. We both love the styling of the Enclave and Acadia. The front end and grill are one of the things I like most about the Enclave. I also like the way it slopes down towards the back, very cool IMO.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
encadia said:
My wife was 37 when we bought the Enclave. I would hardly call that an old geezer. We both love the styling of the Enclave and Acadia. The front end and grill are one of the things I like most about the Enclave. I also like the way it slopes down towards the back, very cool IMO.
Would love to see some pics of the Blue/Gold Enclave :thumb:

·
Registered
332 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
Would love to see some pics of the Blue/Gold Enclave :thumb:
I will try to get some tonight of both vehicles.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here is the pic of our Enclave.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The Enclave is very nice, but Buick is still associated with, "Old People's" car and I'm considered old people. When I get behind a Buick or Caddy, only thing comes to mind is, "How slow are they going to be, and old people driving," and how can I get around them. I want to feel young and vibrant with a vehicle associated with being of tough name and look. Doesn't everyone???? Or are there whooosies out there??

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
encadia said:
Here is the pic of our Enclave.

Nice :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
283 Posts
They (Buick) are sure starting to improve. I love the styling of the LaCrosse, but for me I can't get past the Buick signature toothy grin. But thats my opinion. 8)

·
Super Moderator
21,792 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
The LaCrosse doesn't fit the "old folks" stigma like previous Buick's :thumb:
Neither did the GS, Riviera or Wildcat! :blob: And let's not forget the Reatta, even though it was equally as ugly as the Rendevous. :puke: I owned a few Buicks since I was 16 and always enjoyed them. Before I picked out HiYo, I was thinking about either a Lucerne Northstar :thumb: or some GMC SUV - then I saw the Acadia in person and changed my mind! That was before the Enclave was introduced. If I had waited a few months, who knows? ??? I'd be gracing some other forum with my wit, wisdom and :bs:!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts