GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acadia Denali
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My Acadia Denali is currently at the dealership for repairs, but I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and has had it successfully diagnosed & repaired. The driver's side mirror moves on it's own as soon as I start my vehicle. It either points way up towards the sky or way down at the ground. The dealership tried to tell me it was due to the memory settings. Why in the world would I set my mirrors towards the sky or the ground? I have turned off the parking assist option & I've also turned off the exit seat option, but that hasn't helped.

·
Super Moderator
21,721 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Is the vehicle new to you? If so, someone else could have set the memory for the mirror to do that (for reasons unknown).

Go through the memory settings and set them up the way you want. If the problem persists, let the dealer know about it.

·
Registered
2017 Acadia Denali
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! :)

It is a new vehicle to me. I have gone through all of the settings, but that still hasn't solved the problem. :/ I have let the dealer know. When I spoke with them earlier, they told me they were unable to replicate the problem. I don't know how they were unable to replicate the issue when it happens 9 out of 10 times I get into the vehicle. I've seen other forums of people having the same issue but with the passenger's side mirror. I figured it may be the same root cause.

·
Super Moderator
21,721 Posts
... When I spoke with them earlier, they told me they were unable to replicate the problem. ...
Next time you take it in to them, replicate the problem with the service writer in the vehicle with you. That could be the only way they'll be able to find out the cause of the problem. If the writer sees the problem, they'll work harder to get the tech to fix it!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
This was a common problem on the Corvette forum. Usually the result was the owner not saving the new settings properly. Have you had a friend go thru with you? Someone fresh? Do not take this as an insult, just saw it many times...

·
Registered
2017 Acadia Denali
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, my husband previously owned an Acadia before we got together, so he's familiar with the settings and such. And no insult taken. :) It's always a great idea to have someone fresh try to troubleshoot the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've owned my 2017 Acadia for 3 1/2 years and it just started having the same issue....drivers side mirror move on its own. Same week I started getting the warning "shift to park" when i shut off my vehicle and it is in Park. Please let me know if there is a fix!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've owned my 2017 Acadia for 3 1/2 years and it just started having the same issue....drivers side mirror move on its own. Same week I started getting the warning "shift to park" when i shut off my vehicle and it is in Park. Please let me know if there is a fix!
Took to dealer twice now for the mirror issue. Still not fixed. They go over settings for the the memory and will get it to stay once. Then I leave and it still moves randomly on its own when I start it up 9 out of 10 times.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Took to dealer twice now for the mirror issue. Still not fixed. They go over settings for the the memory and will get it to stay once. Then I leave and it still moves randomly on its own when I start it up 9 out of 10 times.
You might discuss it with the service manager and outline the repair attempts to no avail. Then state this is a serious safety concern to you when you have to check traffic in the door mirror and it distracts and delays you doing so. Which then takes time away from viewing what is in front of you.
Then asking nicely, but firmly that his service department contacts GMC directly for a satisfactory and permanent resolution.
Also, contact GMC Customer Service number in your Owners manual and open a case stating the same I have above.
A safety concern for a customer has a better chance of getting resolved.

Reactions: DianeKaren

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone having issues with 2017 Acadia Denali mirrors not returning to programmed position. Everytime I turn vehicle off the drivers mirror goes everywhere. Start vehicle and it never goes to programmed position. Does this with or without reverse tilt on. Noticed it originally around 60k. Took it to dealer they went thru how to program etc. Finally after the 3rd visit they replaced the mirror. That didn't solve it. Flashed the seat module. Didn't solve it. Extended warranty now out (100k) and still have to set mirror evertime I start it.
All advice welcomed.

·
Super Moderator
21,721 Posts
Anyone having issues with 2017 Acadia Denali mirrors not returning to programmed position. ...
All advice welcomed.
It appears the OP never came back to update the forum. Might be a good idea to follow advice in the post previous to yours.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Anyone having issues with 2017 Acadia Denali mirrors not returning to programmed position. Everytime I turn vehicle off the drivers mirror goes everywhere. Start vehicle and it never goes to programmed position. Does this with or without reverse tilt on. Noticed it originally around 60k. Took it to dealer they went thru how to program etc. Finally after the 3rd visit they replaced the mirror. That didn't solve it. Flashed the seat module. Didn't solve it. Extended warranty now out (100k) and still have to set mirror evertime I start it.
All advice welcomed.
Just a few days ago another member replied that . . above all things. . . she replaced the battery in her remote fob and that fixed the mirror problem.
At least. . . that's what she reported.

Maybe worth a shot.

Changed the battery in my key fob and been good ever since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ask the dealer to do a software update. I had struggled with this issue for over a year on my 2018 Acadia Denali. Took three trips to the Dealership. I've had the actuator replaced (a mechanical fix)...did not solve issue. I've replaced the battery in the fob...did not solve issue. I experienced every one of the issues noted by other posters above. And I heard all the same responses (i.e. cannot replicate). Felt like an idiot. But the issue was indeed real!

Finally, the foreman of the dealership got involved. After a series of tests, a code was returned of "unknown calibration" of the driver-specific memory settings. The software was then updated, which seems to have finally fixed it. In the end, modern cars are inescapably 'computers on wheels.' Hope this helps anyone else who may be encountering this issue.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
And the mystery continues on.

Something in the memory seat/mirror function gone wonky? If it has that option.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts