GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out car shopping yesterday and the first GMC dealer I tried had no Acadias at all in stock. I didn't bother to check the other nearby dealer as their online inventory wasn't showing anything either. I headed to the Saturn dealership. They had 4 Outlooks on the lot - 2 XEs, 1 XR FWD and 1 XR AWD. I drove an Outlook and liked it. It did seem to have the acceleration lag problem, but it rode nice (wife thought it rode better than her minivan, but I think it was about the same). However, after looking at the Outlook colors and equipment, I've pretty much decided on the Acadia. The Outlook comes in 3 interiors - tan, gray, and black. The tan carpeting looked too light for my taste and I'm afraid my kids would trash it. The gray looked fine, but with the gray interior you get a blue dashboard! Didn't like that at all. Black would be fine, but I can get that in the Acadia. I prefer the fake metal accents in the Acadia to the fake wood accents in the Outlook XR. I would also like to get the HUD, which is not available on the Outlook.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
loach said:
The gray looked fine, but with the gray interior you get a blue dashboard! Didn't like that at all. Black would be fine, but I can get that in the Acadia. I prefer the fake metal accents in the Acadia to the fake wood accents in the Outlook XR.
I had the gray interior in my Vue and it does get dirty VERY fast.

My reasons for choosing an Acadia over the Outlook were a) I really don't care for the front end of the Outlook or the taillights; b) I prefer the brushed metal look of the Acadia to the wood grain of the Outlook (my last Vue had that fake wood grain); c) I had an early model Saturn Vue and nothing but problems with it, I didn't trust them with another first year production model vehicle - I know, I know, Acadia, same vehicle practically, but I have more faith in GMC. LOL Don't ask. I know it doesn't make any sense, they're both GMs. I suppose if didn't have issues with A and B, I *might* have gone with the Outlook since it's cheaper. eh. Probably not. ;D

I love my Acadia. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Web Raven said:
loach said:
The gray looked fine, but with the gray interior you get a blue dashboard! Didn't like that at all. Black would be fine, but I can get that in the Acadia. I prefer the fake metal accents in the Acadia to the fake wood accents in the Outlook XR.
I had the gray interior in my Vue and it does get dirty VERY fast.

My reasons for choosing an Acadia over the Outlook were a) I really don't care for the front end of the Outlook or the taillights; b) I prefer the brushed metal look of the Acadia to the wood grain of the Outlook (my last Vue had that fake wood grain); c) I had an early model Saturn Vue and nothing but problems with it, I didn't trust them with another first year production model vehicle - I know, I know, Acadia, same vehicle practically, but I have more faith in GMC. LOL Don't ask. I know it doesn't make any sense, they're both GMs. I suppose if didn't have issues with A and B, I *might* have gone with the Outlook since it's cheaper. eh. Probably not. ;D

I love my Acadia. :)
I looked at the Acadia and the Outlook. I purchased the Outlook for all of the opposite reasons! ;D

Bottom line, to each his own. And, overall we're one big happy family.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The GMC line has historically allowed more of an a-la-carte menu for their vehicles than any other GM line. I found this true with the Acadia as well.

For example, every Outlook comes with a bench seat in the 2nd row unless you upgrade to leather for $1500. Only then can you select the 2nd row bucket seats for another $495.

Leather is not compatible with my dog who likes to sit on a seat, and her paws tend to make stretch-marks in leather. But things like the HUD and Heated washer fluid were not offered (at that time) in the Saturn Line either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
bobboots said:
The GMC line has historically allowed more of an a-la-carte menu for their vehicles than any other GM line. I found this true with the Acadia as well.

For example, every Outlook comes with a bench seat in the 2nd row unless you upgrade to leather for $1500. Only then can you select the 2nd row bucket seats for another $495.

Leather is not compatible with my dog who likes to sit on a seat, and her paws tend to make stretch-marks in leather. But things like the HUD and Heated washer fluid were not offered (at that time) in the Saturn Line either.
I completely agree with you. I looked at the Saturn first and loved it but thought it was too much for what they offered. And my biggest draw back was the huge price increase with the 2nd row captains chairs w/ leather. As I compared the two I found that I could get way more with the GMC for the money.

Now I just have to wait 2-4 more weeks until it comes in. :mad:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am fortunate enough to be able to have both. I got the Acadia for my demo vehicle(I work for GM) but my wife doesn't like the utilitarian look of it, or the dash, so I showed her the Outlook and she fell in love with it as soon as she saw it. So we ordered the Outlook for her last Sat. Should be here at the end of April. As far as looks I like the front of the Outlook better, but I like the dash of the Acadia, but either way you cannot go wrong, they are both fantastic vehicles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
bobboots said:

I don't think the option availability has changed at all over the last few months, but heated washer fluid is part of the "Convenience Package XR". You are correct about the HUD, and the captains chairs ($495) do require the Premium Trim package ($1275) both of which are only available on the XR.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
As for pricing, it's deceptive. An identically (and nicely) equipped Outlook and Acadia are VERY close in price. And given how much easier it is to work with GMC on pricing, you can probably get the Acadia for less.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Although it seems that some folks have done well in negotiating a good price on their Acadia, the dealers in our area held the line on these due to the high demand and low supply.

The only leverage I had was to quote Outlook cost at the Saturn dealer down the street and I told them I would be making an Outlook purchase in the next hour if they were unable to budge.

For this reason, I would definitely prefer to buy a car from Saturn as they have ho-haggle pricing and the salesmen get the same commission on every vehicle whether used, tiny, or the biggest and best. I think the Outlook is a great looking car, I just wish they had more of the vehicle options available unbundled.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would agree with Admin. We looked at the OUtlook too, but felt the leather seating was different looking. And preferred the GMC styling to the Saturn styling. Also, they gave us a price list that was set, which made the process easier, however, there were some things we couldn't get, they just weren't options with the other things we wanted. Ended up with exactly what we wanted, with more flexibility in the pricing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I fist saw the Outlook and loved it. Then saw the Acadia and liked that one too. Personally, I think the tail lights, wheels, and front end look better on the Outlook, but the Interior of the Acadia is nicer and I could use $1000 GM card earnings on it. That is what drove the decision home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
For those of us that don't know...

Each Saturn dealership is independantly owned. This means they can choose to honor incentives from GM and also have their own!

They will tell you it is a no hassle pricing .... Have your facts straight - they will come off the price.

Other then the GM card discount. I recieved every other discount I could. GMS, Retired Hourly Employee, Dealer discount of $700, (since I do not have a GM card - not an issue).
I still ending up with a better price from Saturn then the GMC dealers wanted to give me for pretty much the same CUV.

Of course I bought mine on 12/29/06.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only thing I hate about the Acadia are the wheel selections. Why not have a chrome option at a reasonable price. The Outlook has way nicer wheels in my opinion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
tshamba said:
The only thing I hate about the Acadia are the wheel selections. Why not have a chrome option at a reasonable price. The Outlook has way nicer wheels in my opinion.
I definately agree with you there. The GMC wheel choices are pretty poor IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts