GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, our 2007 SLT2 is no longer. We were in a near head on collision doing 50 mph Monday night and I'm happy to say all five of us walked away. I took the brunt of the hit because I was driving and we were hit on my side. We have the bench second row and two kids were sitting in the outsides and my other child was in the back on the passenger side.

Sad to see this Acadia go but so glad it saved us. Airbags deployed, OnStar responded, and we are bruised but otherwise fine.

This is one safe vehicle.

Now the hunt is on for the replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Property always replaceable. Thank goodness no major injuries and good to know it's built to protect.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Sorry about the accident, great news about the family! You can get a 2010 Acadia but not a 2010 family, glad your all safe! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
It's that 5-star crash rating, baby!! :thumb:
Glad everyone is OK!! ;D
What hit you so high in the front?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Glad to see everybody is ok. Thanks to technology newer cars are being built safer and safer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
speleos said:
It's that 5-star crash rating, baby!! :thumb:
Glad everyone is OK!! ;D
A 2006 Malibu. Came across the median and hit me. Witnesses say it lifted up the Acadia. Can't confirm that. Just happy we were all ok.

One bystander surveyed the wreck and said after seeing the five of us walk away he was now a loyal GM'er.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
speleos said:
Did the engine push into the passenger area?

·
Registered
27 Posts
SO glad that everyone is ok!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
So glad everyone was OK. Is that the 06 Malibu in the background?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Wow - looks like the Acadia fared very well from a crash protection standpoint. Did all the airbags deploy or just the front ones?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
09Enclave said:
So glad everyone was OK. Is that the 06 Malibu in the background?
Yes, it took a beating as well. Driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt and considering that he got off ok. Did have a bad cut on his arm and lost blood but last I heard was stable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
loach said:
Wow - looks like the Acadia fared very well from a crash protection standpoint. Did all the airbags deploy or just the front ones?
Thankfully all airbags deployed. Powder everywhere. My wife mistook it initially as smoke and hurried to get the kids out of the car.

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
rysamem said:
Thankfully all airbags deployed. ... mistook it initially as smoke and hurried to get the kids out of the car.
That's a good 'mistook' to make anyway. :thumb: That powdery stuff is pretty harsh on your lungs. Did you folks inhale enough of it to warrant a trip to the Dr.? Be aware of any abnormal cough or phlegm. It's especially true if any of you have allergies or other respiratory problems. :eek:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
rysamem said:
Yes, it took a beating as well. Driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt and considering that he got off ok. Did have a bad cut on his arm and lost blood but last I heard was stable.
Sounds like his airbag saved his life then. I will never understand people who don't wear seatbelts.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Also glad all are OK. A situation like this one illustrates the advantage to the 4700+ pounds of the Acadia combined with the safety features. A 100+ MPH combined impact is a significant crash. Good luck with a replacement & I hope all goes well with getting back to normal there.

·
Registered
427 Posts
So glad to hear you're OK.... it makes me feel really safe & secure knowing my family is well-protected.

The Acadia is a MAJOR safety upgrade from the '05 Nissan Altima we had before.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts