GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were informed by our dealer today that our order for a 2007 Acadia, placed on April 17, will not be accpted as they have stopped taking orders 3 weeks earlier than planned in order to start building the Enclaves.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I guess we lucky few 07 Acadia owners have a Limited Production Model :drunk:

·
Registered
126 Posts
winkmore62 said:
We were informed by our dealer today that our order for a 2007 Acadia, placed on April 17, will not be accpted as they have stopped taking orders 3 weeks earlier than planned in order to start building the Enclaves.
Sorry to hear that. I don't understand why GM would turn away orders. This could drive customers to a competitor. The production of the Acadia seems too constrained.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Interesting development-The lambda platform is proving to be a surprise for GM ,apparently they just did not figure on the popularity of it :blob:
I think 2008 prices and deals are going to be pretty hard to come by until production capacity gets ramped up. I bet the next hot incentive area will be on the Outlook version, given they have the biggest backlog on the lots according to dealer inventory numbers on this site :beer:
Hopefully (for our non owners) GM will not take the direction Ford has and limit production of popular models to try to drive up dealer profits!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Has anyone else heard about this? We were just talking to two different dealers last night about ordering. Is it possible that the dealers wouldn't know that production has stopped?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I just put my order in on Sunday 4/22. The dealer input it Monday morning and it was at status 1100 - preliminary order accepted. My dealer has not said anything to me since then that would indicate my order may not be produced. I realize I'm not going to be out of the woods until the order at least reaches status code 2000 - Accepted by GM.

I think this may come down to a dealer allocation issue. Some dealers have allocations left for 2007 Acadias. Some don't. I'm not too worried about my dealer - they receive a larger allocation because they've sold more Acadias than any other dealer in my area. But if my order gets bumped, it gets bumped. We shall see.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Agreed, I bet they can still change their allocation...probably can't order more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
fyi for those in a similar situation. Ordered mine 12 Apr ... dealer just called with a production date of 21 May ... delivery approx 7-10 days later.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Glad to hear about the end of May production date on yours. Ordered mine on the 13th so probably get mine same time as you. No updates from my dealer.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well, if you went by the actual posted official dates by GM, orders should have stopped being taken in March, but that clearly didn't happen.

It's all a pretty simple policy--it takes quite a bit of time to schedule and build all of the vehicles ordered in the system, and you just have to have a cut off at some point so there's sufficient time to build out the current model year, and still have time to switch over to the next.

Every manufacturer has to do it, and it's the main reason why if you're going to order, you need to keep in check with the specified cutoff dates and/or not wait until the end of a model year run to place an order. Sometimes it'll still sneak through, and in other cases, if the order is accepted but then just can't be built before the last day, it'll be automatically switched over to be built as a next model year vehicle--with whatever equipment and pricing changes that entitles. This is really rare, but it does happen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vierenner......Our Acadias are being made on the same day!!! May 21, 2007!!!...too funny...

I hope your promised ship date of 7-10 days is true!

Summit White SLT2 :beer:

·
Registered
99 Posts
winkmore62 said:
If you really want an 07 why don't you try another dealer? Who knows, you may be able to get an order in. Other people have ordered in the past 3 days and had their orders accepted.

As we all know, different dealers give different information!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I just did a quick look and there's about 30-40 Acadias in the dealer inventories at the closest dozen GMC dealers to me. If you really want an 07 and no dealers in your area are taking orders, make sure to check current inventories

·
Registered
99 Posts
According to gmc.com there are many in inventory in NC as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts