GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions for those of you that have ordered your Acadia.

What all is involved in the process?

Do they require any type of downpayment to place the order?

Do you go through all of the usual paperwork when the order is placed or is all of that done at delivery (financing paperwork, etc.)?

Is it as simple as filling out an order form?

Any limitations to ordering (any reason the dealer wouldn't let you order)?

Did any of you trade in when your Acadia was delivered? Did the dealer give you the same amount for the trade in that they had quoted before the order had placed (I assume because the order may take 2 months or more, the trade in would depreciate a little)?

Sorry for all of the questions. I have never ordered before, but I think I would like to with this vehicle to get just what I want.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
BigGuy said:
I have a couple of questions for those of you that have ordered your Acadia.

Do you go through all of the usual paperwork when the order is placed or is all of that done at delivery (financing paperwork, etc.)?

Is it as simple as filling out an order form?

Did any of you trade in when your Acadia was delivered? Did the dealer give you the same amount for the trade in that they had quoted before the order had placed (I assume because the order may take 2 months or more, the trade in would depreciate a little)?

Sorry for all of the questions. I have never ordered before, but I think I would like to with this vehicle to get just what I want.
1) Just pick your options and your dealer places the order. IT will replace one of their allocations for the coming period. You also get preference over the standard allocations in the build process.

2) My dealer took $500 to place the order but was refundable if I couldn't wait or changed my mind.

3)Paperwork is done at dleivery but if you ar eleasing you should get an idea of your lease payments and details up front.

4) Dealer fills out everythig on his side. You just tell him what options.

5) N olimitations to ordering, unless GM does not have supply of an optional item or aren;t producing the paint you selected just a sof yet. As for the dealer, b/c he wants to be a jerk and sell one of his lot to make a sale riught now and stop paying to have the car sit on his lot.

6) Can;t help you with that but I doubt the amount would change. Since they ar elow balling you anyway they wouldn;t change it base don depriciation.

What are you looking to order exactly?

·
Registered
45 Posts
One other piece to add, since a lot of people don't realize this when they order a vehicle...

Pricing incentives, whether they be rebates, reduced APR's or lease incentives apply to when you take delivery of the vehicle. So, if you order a vehicle on February 16th and on that date GMC is offering a $500 rebate and 0% APR for 36 months, and you take delivery on March 15th and there are no incentives on that date, you get none of the GMC incentives. The flipside is also true, if there are incentives available when you take delivery, you are eligible to receive them, regardless of whether or not they were available when you ordered.

Regarding leasing...if you are making a purchase decision based on solely on a monthly payment amount quoted to you on the date of your order, buyer beware that this amount can, and likely will change. As the money factors (i.e. finance rate for money borrowed on a lease) and residuals can change, so can monthly payments.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
ownersite said:
One other piece to add, since a lot of people don't realize this when they order a vehicle...

Pricing incentives, whether they be rebates, reduced APR's or lease incentives apply to when you take delivery of the vehicle. So, if you order a vehicle on February 16th and on that date GMC is offering a $500 rebate and 0% APR for 36 months, and you take delivery on March 15th and there are no incentives on that date, you get none of the GMC incentives. The flipside is also true, if there are incentives available when you take delivery, you are eligible to receive them, regardless of whether or not they were available when you ordered.

Regarding leasing...if you are making a purchase decision based on solely on a monthly payment amount quoted to you on the date of your order, buyer beware that this amount can, and likely will change. As the money factors (i.e. finance rate for money borrowed on a lease) and residuals can change, so can monthly payments.

Hope that helps.
True. I lopped $75 off my payment since I rodered b/c of the residual change. Woo hoo.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm probally going to get an SLE, with remote start and towing package. There aren't many on the lots around here and I would rather order anyway.

Anyone else have to pay a "deposit" to place the order?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dealer had an Acadia "on order" like I wanted (actually several additional things I would not have ordered, but now that I have them I'm glad I have them) so I paid a $500. deposit to hold it for me. At the time, they were not sure when it would arrive, only that it had been approved for build (see status codes threads). Car came in two weeks later. Happy Acadia driver here!

·
Registered
307 Posts
BigGuy said:
I'm probally going to get an SLE, with remote start and towing package. There aren't many on the lots around here and I would rather order anyway.

Anyone else have to pay a "deposit" to place the order?
I didn't have to place a deposit at all. The dealership just ordered it as part of their allocations for me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
BigGuy said:
I went to dealer and gave them my specifications, and actually completed the electronic worksheet with the sales manager, going over option by option.

My dealer did not. I ordered an SLT2, bench, DVD, HUD. Dealer indicated that if I choose to walk away, that he can sell the vehicle no problem-- so no downpayment was necessary. He indicated that if I ordered an SLE with no/very few options, then they might require a $500 non-refundable deposit, as he is not moving SLEs like he is SLTs, and a base-base SLE could be difficult to move.

I did not even sign or initial anything at order. Rebates are applicable at the time of delivery, so unsure of how you could complete everything in advance.

See above on why he would require a deposit.

Some dealers will give you a fairly binding price quote, taking into account the 60 days and additional milage. We are trading, and still have to work on the trade-in value. There is a possibility we could walk away over the trade-- but the sales manager knows where we are and where he is, and I am confident we will come to terms.

As a long time point-of-purchase car buyer, I can tell you-- the waiting is hard!! Overall, I think we will be much more satisfied getting exactly the colors and options we want. It is my first time ordering, and so far, has been pleasant-- we will see how it goes at delivery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know how long it takes from the 3000 status code (accepted by production)? This is the current status of our SLT1 that was ordered on 1/31.

Another question: The dealer has received several Acadia's since we placed our order. None outfitted exactly the way we want, but a couple were pretty close and we would have considered purchasing them. My question is will a dealer consider letting you take one from stock and when your ordered one comes in put it into their inventory? I'm thinking not but it might not hurt to ask.

·
Registered
364 Posts
kgbradley,
I have ordered cars before and saw one come in early that "was close enough" and I purchased the in stock one.

The dealers have repeatedly said "as long long as you don't order some weird combination that would be difficult to sell, it's no problem. We'll sell the ordered car to someone else when it comes in."

I don't see a problem at all and you should be able to take advantage of the incentives available at time of purchase, vice possibly losing them when your order comes in because they might no longer be available. Salesman will definitely understand that motivation for you "switch" now--they still get their money, selling both cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

The incentives right now are exactly why I'm asking this question (buy from stock instead of waiting for the one we ordered). We ordered a Silver SLT 1 with sun roof, power liftgate, XM and a 6 disc changer. We started to order it with DVD for the kids but decided against it since this won't be the vehicle they travel in most. We were required to put down $1500 non-refundable deposit. I didn't like this and questioned it but the dealer wouldn't budge and said it's so that people don't change their mind and then the dealer is stuck with a vehicle they hadn't intended to order (pretty lame excuse, especially with the Acadia). Now this dealer has a carbon one in stock with everything we ordered plus it has the DVD as well. The carbon is not a bad color so I'm considering asking them to take my $1500 deposit and put it towards this one. The silver one would sell easily so there shouldn't be a problem there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I did not have to put down a deposit. Our order was placed over the phone on Feb 1st. The salesman sent us an e-mail later that day to make sure everything was correct. We haven't signed any paperwork. My husband purchased a Chevy Silverado Diesel truck from this same salesman last August, so he knows us.

Also, my husband's brother is a VP at GM (Chevy Truck division) and is good friends with the General Manager of this dealership. ;D

·
Registered
24 Posts
We've ordered vehicles in the past without a deposit as well. This dealer said it's their policy to do it this way otherwise they would have tons of people in there ordering vehicles and then backing out. Pretty lame if you ask me. It doesn't matter because we have no intention of backing out, but it's money I now have no access to in the meantime.

I went to see our dealer about the Carbon Acadia I mentioned above, and as we were driving into the lot it was literally being driven out on a test drive. Our slaesman said he would let us know later what the status of it is. He called us and said they're working on a deal with that customer right now but will call back if it falls through. Talk about bad timing. I was going to call the salesman before coming in but we've bugged the salesman enough previously so I didn't and figured I wouldn't see it on thier lot any more so it would've been a wasted call anyway. Oh well.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I took a copy of the "build and price your Acadia" from the GMC web site to the dealer to make sure they knew exactly what I wanted.

They ordered the car 4 Jan 07--no deposit required[/color], no paperwork required.

Car arrived 12 Feb 07 and was exactly as I ordered except $199 less than expected because XM radio, a $199 option on the "build your own" GMC site, was inclued at no extra charge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts