GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy with what we ordered, but not impressed by the salesmen. After visiting a few delaers to look at colors and options, we weren't too impressed with any of the salesmen, so we went to the closest dealer to put in an order on an 08.

I got there and the salemen said they couldn't put in an order for an 08 until August because they didn't have pricing yet. Luckily I've been reading this site and know many of you have already ordered 08's and a few even had theirs delivered. A ter a little convincing, I got them to look in the computer and lo and behold.... the prices were in.

Now the guy working the computer didn't have access to submit the order. The guy that does that quit last week. Seomone from a sister dealer should be by this week to submit the order for real. Not too happy with this. Why do I know more about the cars these guys are selling than they do? It's their freakin' job!

Anyway, someday we should get the wife's dream car. FWD, SLT-1, Blue-Gold, titanium leather, DVD, power liftgate, and remote start.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Congrats on the order. I'm trying to clear up a couple of details before I order mine. BTW, car sales has nothing to do with the "cars" and almost everything to do with "sales". I tried it once about 10 years ago and I made it 1 1/2 days before I quit. The jist was not selling the buyer what he/she wanted, but what I could get away with selling them. I know not all dealerships are run this way, but it never surprises me when I know more about the cars I am looking at than the salesperson.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts