Wow, that's quick. Maybe there's hope for those of us with April orders.Lou said:Ordered ours on 3/30 which was a Friday and was told the order would go in by 6PM Saturday and take 6 weeks. I figure GM didn't touch it until Monday 4/2. Production date - 4/16. Ship date 4/19. Arrived at dealer the evening of 5/1. Picked it up this past Saturday 5/5. So from the date GM got it to the date the dealer received it was a day short of a month. SLT2, AWD, HID, Sunroof, Summit White with Ebony Leather.
I will likely be in the same boat if this turns out to be true. So are you having them convert your order to an '08? Or do you have to start all over with a new order?tschmut said:We had placed an order on 4/23 and were assured that the order for 07s were still being accepted. I had my doubts all along as other dealers had stated otherwise. Well, today the hammer fell and we received a call from the dealer apologizing and letting us know that the manufacturer had cut off all 07 orders. They dealer said that our order along with 3 others that they had placed around the same time would not be built. We're now at the mercy of manufacturing to schedule a build date for 08s with a price increase likely to occur and affect our deal. If any one else finds themselves in this same boat, feel free to join the group, comment and sing the blues. Depressed but not yet beaten, TSchmut
The pricing could be a deal-breaker for us in the short-term. Right now there are $1500 of incentives ($1000 Conquest + $500 bonus cash) that may not be there for the '08s, not to mention the model year price increase. It's not that I can't afford it - it's more the disappointment of rushing my order in in order to beat the model year change and get the Conquest rebate only to come up empty. If it doesn't happen, well then I don't have much sense of urgency for getting an '08. I could start searching inventories again, but I've had zero luck with that. So I guess what I'm saying is I really don't know what I'll do if my order doesn't fill, but I will keep you posted!tschmut said:I would think that we can have our order converted to an 08. However, it's my impression that it will have to be resubmitted once pricing for the 08s becomes available. I will wait for the pricing to come through before I give them my final OK to submit. Hope your situation turns out better. If not, what do think you'll do? Keep us posted how it goes. TSchmut