GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Acadia today, and they told me 6 weeks. My question is, how accurate is that number? Also, I ordered White Diamond, and now I'm seeing on the forum that White Diamond has been discontinued. Is this true???

·
Registered
542 Posts
Have not received mine yet but I was told 8 weeks. Confirmed the order went through 2 days after placing the order. Another person on here ordered theres about the same time (April 13). He and I were both told build dates of the week of May 21. I would think 3-4 days to build, another week to ship so 8 weeks about right or might be on the long side. Remains to be seen.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered my Acadia today, and they told me 6 weeks. My question is, how accurate is that number? Also, I ordered White Diamo
nd, and now I'm seeing on the forum that White Diamond has been discontinued. Is this true???

DID YOUR SALES PERSON SEND THE ORDER TO GM? IF SO YOU SHOULD BE ALL SET. FOR WHAT EVER REASON 08 ACADIA'S WILL INCLUDE A COUPLE COLOR CHANGES. SOMEONE HERE SAID THAT THE 08 WHITE TRICOAT WILL HAVE A BLUE SPARKLE RATHER THAN THE GOLD SPARKLE. I DON'T THINK THERE'S ANY PROBLEM WITH THE COLOR, IT'S THE SAME PAINT ON CADILLACS. IF YOU GO TO A CADILLAC DEALER AND YOU WILL FIND MANY WHITE DIAMOND TRICOAT VEHICLES.
WE ORDERED WHITE DIAMOND TOO! WHAT COLOR INTERIOR DID YOU GO WITH?
LEE

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with the SLT -2, White Diamond w/Light Titanium
*Rear DVD Package
*Sunroof
*19" Wheels
*Trailer Package

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Must be nice to have a build date. :'(

·
Registered
185 Posts
When I ordered the dealer was way off the date. Until it's scheduled for production then any date they give is speculation. Then after it's built the shipping time is variable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered ours on 3/30 which was a Friday and was told the order would go in by 6PM Saturday and take 6 weeks. I figure GM didn't touch it until Monday 4/2. Production date - 4/16. Ship date 4/19. Arrived at dealer the evening of 5/1. Picked it up this past Saturday 5/5. So from the date GM got it to the date the dealer received it was a day short of a month. SLT2, AWD, HID, Sunroof, Summit White with Ebony Leather.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Lou said:
Ordered ours on 3/30 which was a Friday and was told the order would go in by 6PM Saturday and take 6 weeks. I figure GM didn't touch it until Monday 4/2. Production date - 4/16. Ship date 4/19. Arrived at dealer the evening of 5/1. Picked it up this past Saturday 5/5. So from the date GM got it to the date the dealer received it was a day short of a month. SLT2, AWD, HID, Sunroof, Summit White with Ebony Leather.
Wow, that's quick. Maybe there's hope for those of us with April orders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was three days short of four weeks from time of order placed with GM until it was delivered to the dealer.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ordered mine on 4/10, 28 days today...hope it is indeed built next week and in my driveway in a couple more weeks. :blob:

·
Registered
66 Posts
We had placed an order on 4/23 and were assured that the order for 07s were still being accepted. I had my doubts all along as other dealers had stated otherwise. Well, today the hammer fell and we received a call from the dealer apologizing and letting us know that the manufacturer had cut off all 07 orders. They dealer said that our order along with 3 others that they had placed around the same time would not be built. We're now at the mercy of manufacturing to schedule a build date for 08s with a price increase likely to occur and affect our deal. If any one else finds themselves in this same boat, feel free to join the group, comment and sing the blues. Depressed but not yet beaten, TSchmut

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
tschmut said:
We had placed an order on 4/23 and were assured that the order for 07s were still being accepted. I had my doubts all along as other dealers had stated otherwise. Well, today the hammer fell and we received a call from the dealer apologizing and letting us know that the manufacturer had cut off all 07 orders. They dealer said that our order along with 3 others that they had placed around the same time would not be built. We're now at the mercy of manufacturing to schedule a build date for 08s with a price increase likely to occur and affect our deal. If any one else finds themselves in this same boat, feel free to join the group, comment and sing the blues. Depressed but not yet beaten, TSchmut
I will likely be in the same boat if this turns out to be true. So are you having them convert your order to an '08? Or do you have to start all over with a new order?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would think that we can have our order converted to an 08. However, it's my impression that it will have to be resubmitted once pricing for the 08s becomes available. I will wait for the pricing to come through before I give them my final OK to submit. Hope your situation turns out better. If not, what do think you'll do? Keep us posted how it goes. TSchmut

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
tschmut said:
I would think that we can have our order converted to an 08. However, it's my impression that it will have to be resubmitted once pricing for the 08s becomes available. I will wait for the pricing to come through before I give them my final OK to submit. Hope your situation turns out better. If not, what do think you'll do? Keep us posted how it goes. TSchmut
The pricing could be a deal-breaker for us in the short-term. Right now there are $1500 of incentives ($1000 Conquest + $500 bonus cash) that may not be there for the '08s, not to mention the model year price increase. It's not that I can't afford it - it's more the disappointment of rushing my order in in order to beat the model year change and get the Conquest rebate only to come up empty. If it doesn't happen, well then I don't have much sense of urgency for getting an '08. I could start searching inventories again, but I've had zero luck with that. So I guess what I'm saying is I really don't know what I'll do if my order doesn't fill, but I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My position exactly. I have heard that the Conquest Cash will probably still be in the picture but that the $500 rebate may not. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow. This is concerning to me since I placed my order on Monday. I will call the dealer today, and express my concern. I will let you know what they tell me.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Well, I got the bad news today. :eek:hno: My order will not be filled. Back to square one. I am pretty disillusioned right now. I would love to buy an Acadia but I'm not going to settle to do so. The most frustrating thing to me is the apparent lack of communication between GM and its dealers. None of the 5 dealers I spoke to at the time of my order knew anything definitive about a cutoff date for '07 orders.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the call about an hour ago. The dealer apologized, and thought she would be able to sneak the order in. However she did say their dealer is expecting the 08's to arrive the first week of July. She put my order in the system today for an 2008, and hopes GM will start accepting orders in the next 2 weeks. I'll keepyou posted.

It's amazing how this board is more knowledgeable than the dealers. At least I was prepared for the bad news.

So Loach what option are you going to go with since the Acadia is out of the picture?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts