GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another newbie here with a question. I ordered an Acadia from my local dealer (and placed a deposit) three weeks ago, and as of yesterday it was still at status 1100. I assume this means the dealer did not have an allocation for this order (they will not admit this). They did not say anything about their allocations when I placed the order (and I didn't think to ask), but they did tell me it could take anywhere from 5 to 8 weeks. This is a small dealer compared to some others in the area. My question is, if the dealer is waiting on an allocation, how long could that take? Is the eight week estimate reasonable in this situation? I like the dealer and they offered the vehicle at a good price, so it is probably worth the wait.

By the way, I have learned a lot from you folks on this forum as I was trying to choose my next vehicle, and I appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check out the order status code info at the top of this section to help you along the way. I just had one built myself, so I'm like you! Rich.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh yea, forgot to mention, mine is also 5 to 8 weeks for delivery. This is a medium size dealer. But, my buyer told me he was "just allocated" 8 new acadias to build and mine would be one of them. I actually WASTED 2 weeks of searching to find "my" Acadia. I only wanted AWD, 8 pass. seating, conv. & preferred & towing pkgs. That was it. In a 300 mile radius, only two dealerships had what I wanted but "lied" to us about them already being "sold" . They didn't want to trade my dealer for some reason. Oh well, so "build it" it is...... and I'll get EXACTLY what I want! Worth the wait...... Rich

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine sat in 1100 for about 7 or 8 weeks until I called and ask them how they entered my order, as "stock" or "sold" (something I picked up reading THIS forum!). They called me back and said my status had changed to "sold" (i.e., they figured out the "sold" vs "stock" thing) and said my order should change from 1100 within the week. It did. Make sure your dealer entered the order as sold. It will get priority in the dealer's allocations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts