GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just registered here, but have been lurking for months. I have a question about the navigation system and hope someone can help me. I travel a lot with my husband and sometimes we need to "redirect" after we have already taken off. I understand the security feature that won't allow me to do certain things while the vehicle is in motion....but is there a way to bypass that since most of the ti he drives and I "play" around with the nav or the other way around? It would save us soooo much time instead of having to find somewhere to stop just to adjust dirrections. :-\

·
Registered
681 Posts
Check out this thread http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=197.0 or just do a search on "lockpick" - there is no way to do this without one of these devices installed (that I know of). I to wish they would have a way for the passenger to use all the features of the nav while in motion. I hate having to pull over and put the car in park to get these features to work. I noticed this week end while searchin the POI's for a place to eat that while you are stopped at a light you can scroll through the POI's but onve the vehicle is moving again they get locked out, we were stopped at a long light so this was helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!!! I looked at the video from the link. It looks like something that would help out a lot.... the only problem is that the price tag is a little high. I have to check with my hubby to see if this is something he would want to get.

·
Registered
118 Posts
all they would need to change is to tie in the nav unit with the air bag sensor in the passenger seat. if there is someone in the passenger seat (per the sensor), then open the nav system up as if you were stopped.

·
Registered
681 Posts
texas123 said:
all they would need to change is to tie in the nav unit with the air bag sensor in the passenger seat. if there is someone in the passenger seat (per the sensor), then open the nav system up as if you were stopped.
Thats exactly what I said to my wife while we were driving, sounds so simple. But I am sure that someone would try to put a weight in the seat to mimic a passenger and the GM lawyers have said not to do that :nono:. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts